Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinkin about one of these, 95 900... what gps top end can they run ???

BM...

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
you will find a wide range of top end speeds with this sled. A few have reached 120 stock and others have been lucky to get over 100. There is a guy on here who did 117 stock on both speedo and gps.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks :div20: yeah a 95 900, I was hoping I would see around 115... what is the hp? 150-160...

BM...

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
the easiset cheapest aftermarket mod to get these sleds to hit the 120 MPH max-speed mark is getting the clutching corrected, and that includes keeping them aligned.
Steeper angles in the secondary should be you 2nd priority after getting it set-up for your weight.

other than that, finding a service technician that is not a doofus! these sleds need all the sensors sending the right info to the ECM, and they wil fly!!

TPS setting is very crucial and will make it slow and suck fuel if not correct.

·
Registered
500 Posts
could only hit 98mph last year. Only have 270 miles on it so far so hopefully I'll be close to 110 this year. Already did the clutching, regearing and intake. Loosened the track as well as it was way too tight which I know was robbing power and top end.

·
Banned
8,931 Posts
Only 206 miles on mine. All stock but 144 studs and my heavy 225lb butt. All updates done.112-114 routinely on thin hard pack.
Special note: 1st 100 miles would routinely get 104-108mph in same conditions. Something loosened up.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Only 206 miles on mine. All stock but 144 studs and my heavy 225lb butt. All updates done.112-114 routinely on thin hard pack.
Special note: 1st 100 miles would routinely get 104-108mph in same conditions. Something loosened up.[/b]
You ever get over to the White Lake/Castles/North Conway area?

Only got 140 miles on mine last year, but it was running great....took it up to Monts Valins Quebec two weeks ago and got in just under 400 miles in two days. Last 30 miles out a roller in my primary flat spotted and kept jamming a clutch weight anytime the primary closed up more than 3/4's of the way. Made it back to camp after freeing the stuck weight twice, been in the shop since I got back, about ready to call and ask what's up.

Last winter on Ossipee Lake with ice and about two inch snow cover saw 115 GPS on one run. Very pleased with the power, handling and love the M10 suspension, even though I'm still dialing in the suspension...

Skip

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks :div20: yeah a 95 900, I was hoping I would see around 115... what is the hp? 150-160...
BM...[/b]
OPPS haha, I mean a 05.... sorry.... sometime the eyes dont see whats typed....

BM...

·
Banned
8,931 Posts
Shortfused - I live in Moult on Lake Winni - well, 100yds (1 street over) from it. LOL. I may have to resort to a long road trip soon since last year was a disaster and this year is worse so far.

My friends have a shop in Tamworth next to the wood burning electrical plant (Up street from White Lake Pizza) - decent trails out in that area. They bought a groomer about 5 yrs ago, we restored it, and updated it hard. Used barely for 2 yrs and with loss of snow they sold it to a club. Pic below - maybe you've seen us few years ago ? We did mostly railroad track from Mc Donald's up to the Dunkin Donuts across from Profile.

We should meet up sometime. I have an 05'900, wife an '06 600HO Fuse, good friend '05 900 Fuse, and cous '06 700 Fuse. We bought them at same time to watch the snow never appear. Damn !

I'm always around.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.