Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was at the Dolgeville show last weekend. I didnt hear it run, but ill bet it sounded sick with them pipes!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn!! :augen41:

·
Registered
823 Posts
so whats the theory behind that first sled? Blow the hot exhaust down near the skis to melt the top bit of snow (think zamboni), which makes it a little more slick, therefor faster?? :lol2: :fluffy: :bounce: :dance2:

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I think in the first picture, the thought was to use the exhaust as thrusters, to help take the weight off of the skis, increasing weight transfer and traction.
While on this sled, the thought was to increase down force, pinning the twin tracks to the ground, increasing traction.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Shades of Paultla racing in the late 60's and early 70's. I still remember Georges 650 triple as it lost a cylinder every time he hit a drift raceing out to Grand Island and back to Munuising. Ya could hear them for miles. They couldn't hear any thing for days LOL.
I also remember Rupp had a rail they ran on lakes as exibitions.
:D Al

·
Registered
14,373 Posts
seen this one in Eagle River :div20: Sweet! Just like the first post

Attachments

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Nice, here is the only vintage cat in my stable. Kevin

·
Registered
263 Posts
:beerchug:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I DON'T KNOW IF THIS WOULD QUALIFY AS VINTAGE, BUT, ONE OF THE GUYS I WORK WITH SAID THAT BENDER MADE A SLED CALLED AN OUTLAW IN THE LATE 80'S. ANYONE HAVE ANY PICTURES OF SUCH A SLED? I HEARD OF ONE CALLED AN AVALANCHE TOO, A TRIPLE IN AN EXITER CHASSIS.

·
Registered
460 Posts
those pipes are called megaphones, they were not a good race pipe. just loud.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts