Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 snopro and want to put a 136 x 2 paddle track on it. Right now I have a 1.5" track and I have about 3/4 of a inch between the track and the front exchanger. I'm assuming I have to change drivers so what size do run? Does this affect gearing? If anyone has ever longtracked a snopro I would really like to visit with them...thanks.. B)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yea man, I have a '98 sno pro that is long tracked. but...It has a mountain cat tunnel on it too, so the exchangers have a little more clearance. But it has a 136x2.25'' paddle on it, and I dont have a problem. You might want to have black magic do some mods to your engine, so that it puts out a little more hp. Mine is blue printed, balanced, and ported, and puts out close to 110 hp on 92 octane. You probably will have to gear down, mine is greared down twice, which makes it pretty slow 60-70 mph, but it has torque out the ass. Stock is 19, 39 grears, and I have 18, 40. Longtracking the snopro with these mods is expensive, but it will out climb many of the big cc heavy sleds. For all the parts that you will probably need, including the tunnel, go to www.brownsleisureworld.com

Arctic Cat....Fire on Ice!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think I'll have to worry about the power issue. I have a black magic 711 efi under the hood! Just wanted to know what drivers are needed for the clearance of the front exchanger.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yea, you'll have plenty of power, lol.
But you probably will have to get a size smaller driver, but if you had to, you could go with a 1.75'' track. Its guna be a nice sled, let me know how it works out.
By putting a smaller driver on it, you are basicly gearing it down, so it will slow it down a bit, so you probably wont have to mess with the gears, you have enough power anyways, and thats the only reason you would have to mess with the gears. You may be able to get a driver from dennis kirk for a reasonable price.
p.s. how much was that invader engine, and what model is it?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
With 8 tooth drivers you can run 2 inch easy.Call BlackMagic up they have some nice tunnel extensions. You have to think about some longer coolers too.They still have some pictures up of their longtrack under test sleds

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you really think I'll have to add longer coolers? I would only probably be gaining only about 4" a cooler! I'll measure a MT cat and see how long there coolers are before making the change. I don't think they give you different coolers when you order the conversion kit from arctic cat to go from 121 to 136!!
As far as the motor goes it's a 600 bottom end with vforce reeds, EFI, twin pipes and pump fuel inserts. I paid 3800 for the complete engine (clutch, ECU, Pipes, silencer, tbodies, airbox, cooling lines and a full setup sheet from black magic) I purchased the following, quiet can and race inserts. I havent had a real good chance to try it out yet though due to the lack of snow.
Last year I got it in around february and headed to the big horns. Well then I had the single ring pistons in it. Well, the pin that keeps the ring from turning on the piston had wore a little and the ring would get wedge under the pin and lose compression on the mag side. No harm to the cylinder or anything,but really dampened my weekend. So now I have the double ring pistons in it hoping this doesn't happen again.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
You get the longer coolers in the Cat conversion kit. I dont know exactally but their at least a foot longer.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hot SnoPro,

I live in Northwest Iowa. By lake okoboji. Never been to Laramie, but would love to go. Just doesn't seem like we get much snow around here anymore and if you want to ride you have to travel up north where it's flat or to the west where it's steep and deep!!

B

·
0 Posts
I longtracked my 2002 800ss from 121 -> 144, and I love it, but I had overheating issues afterwards. The problem is that the track"throws" the snow at a location farther down the tunnel, and in my case there was no coolers there, (tunnel extension). I have since corrected this by fabricating a rear cooler, I put a 144 by 2 in on with heaver springs, and a few extra idler wheels (dealer advise). I left the drivers alone, and the track clears with about 1/2 inch in front.
In retrospect, I probably should have gotten the "kit" from AC, but changing the coolers just looked like way too much work. The rear cooler seems to work just fine.

·
Registered
188 Posts
You'll have to come out this way some time, I live in Elk mountain, and we have lots of snow! A couple days ago, my freind went up, on his mxz, he slowed, sunk, spun, and almost put his sled vertical because the snow was soo deep, and he sunk soo far. According to ppl that I've talked to, you cant make it that far up, TOO MUCH SNOW! This was coming from a couple of guys that had a couple of new summits, rmk's, and had 159'' tracks. hopefully I can go up tomorrow and show them what a real sled will doo, yea, people get mad when you're 440 out does their 700's.
Good luck with that longtrack, get it done, and you will have to come this way!

Arctic Cat...Fire on Ice!!!
Sno-Pro Longtrack...Let the ass kickin' begin!!!

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Black800ss thats an interesting project electric longtrack looks good. You ride that 2 inch in Mich alot or you like to go west.

B

·
0 Posts
I originally did it as a preparation for a trip to Cowboy village in WY, but after I got done, I decided to leave it that way, and I really like the bite that it gets. Cant really stud it, not that I'd want to, but with the extra set of idlers (4 in center section) and the rear cooler, it seems to ride fine for trail riding too. One other thing was that I needed to maintain a towing ability, so you will notice that I have a hitch on the back yet. You dont see that on many longtracks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts