Hardcore Sledder banner

Longtrack kits and Pics??

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  MI_Joe 
#1 ·
I'am planning on turning my firecat into a longtrack and I was just wondering what kind of kits where out there extensions or a hole new tunnel? I would also like to see pics of your firecats with a longtracks on them.

#2 ·
How long do you want to go? Where do you ride? Are you going to put a paddle track on it?

#4 ·
If you're going out west put a 162" on it, find a 2.25" (they don't make anything close to a 3" paddle??) camoplast track for the new M7's and cut it narrower. You'll have to get new drivers but you'll need them anyways. Really no sense in doing a half assed longtrack, especially on the firecat.

#5 ·
Originally posted by Chad_sno_pro@Sep 30 2005, 01:27 AM
I'am planning on turning my firecat into a longtrack and I was just wondering what kind of kits where out there extensions or a hole new tunnel?  I would also like to see pics of your firecats with a longtracks on them.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=900673
[/quote]

Chad......This is my 2003 F8 151 X 1.5 track. I can't tell you first hand how it performs because I purchased it a month ago, but I have high expectations :div20: Go with the 8 inch wheel kit.
The kit is all Arctic Cat for ad ons as far as the tunnel and rails.
I did my ZR800 a year ago and it is a relatively easy to do project. :beerchug:

#6 ·
Originally posted by Chad_sno_pro@Sep 30 2005, 03:27 AM
I'am planning on turning my firecat into a longtrack and I was just wondering what kind of kits where out there extensions or a hole new tunnel?  I would also like to see pics of your firecats with a longtracks on them.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=900673
[/quote]

AC makes an extension kit 151". That kit include everything, except track.

If you got an '03 with 10 tooth drivers you can up to 1.5" lugs and '04 and '05 with 9 tooth drivers allows 1.75"-2.25" lugs.
Both tracks have to be ordered from AC, as far as I know, allthough the 1.75"-2.25" is a camoplast track. Personally I use the 1.75"-2.25" track, which is perfect in deep snow, but not recommendable for trail.

I think the the ext. kit is around $350 and track is $650, so expect a mrsp around $1000. All can be found in AC acc. catalog.

If you need some more specific answers try to contact MNF7 and/or redF7sp here on this forum. They both know what its all about and gladly helped me...

:beerchug:
jens

#7 ·
Here is mine. It has a Vanamburg tunnel, extended and rolled chaincase, 150x2.5 3.0 pitch track, Boss seat, Powder Pro skis, Ti springs, BMP F8 motor, and a bunch of other custom made lightweight parts.

MNF7

Attachments

#8 ·
Originally posted by MNF7@Sep 30 2005, 06:14 PM
Here is mine.  It has a Vanamburg tunnel, extended and rolled chaincase, 150x2.5 3.0 pitch track, Boss seat, Powder Pro skis, Ti springs,  BMP F8 motor, and a bunch of other custom made lightweight parts.

MNF7
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=902038
[/quote]
dude I LOVE HOW THAT TUNNEL LOOKS wow i like :augen41: :Wow1: im gonna need to extend this year as well snow gets purrty deeep up here :beerchug: and how much did you pay for the whole kit with the track rails and tunnel? and anything else i missed

#9 ·
Originally posted by MNF7@Sep 30 2005, 09:14 PM
Here is mine.  It has a Vanamburg tunnel, extended and rolled chaincase, 150x2.5 3.0 pitch track, Boss seat, Powder Pro skis, Ti springs,  BMP F8 motor, and a bunch of other custom made lightweight parts.

MNF7
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=902038
[/quote]

MNF7 Which tunnel from Vanamburg is it? I looked at the website and they had a couple different designes or you could get a custom race tunnel. And yours looks like the custom one I was just wondering which one it is because I love the look of your sled. If you ever plan on selling it you should let me know.

Thanks

#11 ·
Heres my 151 fcat. Its been retired to wifes sled and downgraded to a 600 motor as it lost its extra cc's to my new M 153" and 10tooth drivers with a 151X1.5 track. I ran 9tooth drivers, 151 tunnel extension, a 151X2X15 track cut down to 13.5", and MNF7s tipped up rail extensions a must have IMO. I put SLP Powder Pros on which helped float up the front end, lower gearing, and a 51flat helix. You need to keep as much pressure on the driven clutch so you don't overheat belts. Also a couple TPI valves or D&D bullseyes are a must ontop of the airbox. I went to a adjustable riser that went from 1.5 to 3.5 inches overstock for a full height of 8" and also a grab bar.

Overall its a great sled, fun to ride especially boondocking in the trees and with the tipped up rails runs great on the trails to probably the smoothest trail sled I ever road and doesn't push in the corners either. Its biggest weakness is climbing the second you loose momentum your stuck. Mine ran fairly even with my cousins 1M600 144 up to a point and also we were having trouble with his Power Valves and ran alot better then the F7ext with stock 1.25X144 track. Its a good all around sled for use both out west and at home but if you plan to ride mostly out west or plan to climb alot when there get a mtn sled. I went to the M because I don't know how much i'll get to ride around home anymore and riding with all pure mtn sleds out west. Any questions feel free to ask.

Oh one more thing I almost forgot I cut about 4 inches off a snowflap for using out west. As dumb as it sounds it made a huge difference. Whenever I would get stuck it always seemed like the flap was sitting out back and hung up on snow after I cut it down less problems.

#12 ·
Originally posted by arctic-cat-kid@Sep 30 2005, 09:30 PM
dude I LOVE HOW THAT TUNNEL LOOKS wow i like  :augen41:  :Wow1:  im gonna need to extend this year as well snow gets purrty deeep up here :beerchug:  and how much did you pay for the whole kit with the track rails and tunnel? and anything else i missed
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=902064
[/quote]

I think I have about $2500 into the tunnel, chaincase, and track. I cut down a 16" wide track to 13.5" for the narrow tunnel.

MNF7

#13 ·
Originally posted by Chad_sno_pro@Sep 30 2005, 10:50 PM
MNF7 Which tunnel from Vanamburg is it?  I looked at the website and they had a couple different designes or you could get a custom race tunnel.  And yours looks like the custom one I was just wondering which one it is because I love the look of your sled.  If you ever plan on selling it you should let me know.

Thanks
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=902176
[/quote]

My tunnel is a custom race tunnel. It works awesome in the powder. Since the sides in the back are so short the snow can clean out very easy plus there is nothing to hang up on either.

MNF7

#14 ·
Here is my 03 F7 SnoPro. I used a 144 2" finger track and like it alot, the tunnel extension is the 440 SnoPro hillclimb kit and is made of light wieght plastic w/ the 440 cooler and could be a little larger for trail use. I will add scratchers to see if it helps. The rail extensions I got from ebay. I put the whole thing together for about $325 by shopping used parts (track) and ebay. All in all it works pretty well and is a blast to ride.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.