Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am running 153 1.175 " studs...great hook up....this is the limit as far as i can see for stud Length on the standards...

good Luck

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
i did the same. Track doesnt spin on hardpack at all. Very minimal on ice, i dont notice it.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
this is weird or just different for my sled but I have the 1.375 track and have more than 1" clearance witha 1.5 stud , also my 99ZR5EFI has 1.25 track with 1.375 studs and also .970 clearance between tunnel and tip of stud.1" track should be 1.25 stud. My srx .920 track runs 1.20 ice pix and chisels by stud boy no prob. and there is no such thing as spin with the srx.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The longest stud is not based on the clearance you would have when the suspension is compressed. Run your sled up to 100 mph and watch the shape of the track. The studs in the track will cause it to balloon up in the center, hit a bump than and your clearance is less. Also, much of the track damage occurs at the front of the sled under heavy breaking, when the track starts to bunch up in the tunnel. I would not go longer than the 1.175".

Just my 2 cents.

:D

·
Registered
701 Posts
I used 1.4" extreme max studs with double angled backers in my F7 with std. 1" track. A little extreme, but it works well. I bent 3 studs in 600 miles but my first 300 miles were on 50% rocks. Seems to work good so far, and I will get any studs replaced for free that don't hold up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts