Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone's tried longer studs than what most of us are using on either the 1" or the 1 3/8" track. On the 1 3/8" track, I'm referring to Woody's 1.575" studs or Stud Boys 1.625", or on the 1" track, I'm referring to Woody's 1.35" studs or Stud Boys 1.375" studs. If so, how have they worked, and how has everything held up so far? Thanks! -- Roy

·
Registered
172 Posts
With the 1 in. track I used 1.7in. 60 deg. carbide tips. I know that sounds long, but that is the total length, subtract track thickness, (1/4 in?) and I have 1.45 in. So far, no trouble , good hook-up, & no trouble on the rough trails.

·
Registered
17 Posts
They will work but will hit once in a while...use an early style arctic tunnell protector
and rivet down the center front to back,right over the rear protector then you safe
rememeber the gas tank!!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I have used both 1.075 and 1.175 on my sled the 1.075 hooks better and seems to ride better on hard pack I think this is due to the fact the longer ones fold over easyer. If I had to stud again on a 1" lug would not use anything but 1.075 good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts