Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 136" x 2" track I have cut down and want to install. I was going to slide the suspension back and lower it maybe 2 inches. Any info or help in doing this would be great. Will sliding the suspension back effect the handling of the machine much? How much should I lower the front and back of the rear suspension? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
the f-7 uses 10 inch drivers you may not be able to what your talking about? they have kits avaible from cat!
maybe someone else has better knowledge on this, look up Dan at the outdoor shop, he is firecat whiz, and will help you!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
oh yea the stock is 128" so the track windows have to advance in certain lengths or the drive teeth will not catch!
your only trying to add 8"

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
I would think, if this is even possible..That I would just move the whole suspension back a few inches...and extend the rear section...add a spacer of sorts between the tunnel and heat exchanger, to move exchanger rearward...just trying to keep the geometry correct ids the big deal...good luck?? :wacko:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks But I don't want a 144 151 just a 136 to make it better in the mountains but still good for trails and snow cross track. I am willing to comprmise a little on the track/ trail to add a little traction in the mountains. I don't race yet but like riding on MX track for fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts