Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wacko: I have been waiting for a 151 long track kit for my F7 Canadian in western Canada. The kit was ordered in spring with sled but I guess due to changes with rear exchanger it is delayed. Dealer told me Arctic Cat was shipping out in 2 weeks. Problem is that this was a month ago. My dealer is great but AC is the problem. They already shipped the track with sled but the available track is only a 1.5 inch. I plan on using 9 tooth drivers and running a 151x2 track with trimmed sides. A couple mountain performance shops in our area are doing the trimming. Any comments would be helpful even though I realize most of you are flatlanders. Thanks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The shop I work in received our kits on Thursday. They will require re-burping the cooling since the kits include new running board coolers. It looks like the running boards will be slightly wider though.

·
Registered
629 Posts
My dealer just installed a 144 inch and looked pretty cool. They are expecting a 151" in real soon.

I am waiting to ride one of the long track to decide if I will do this.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:) Checked with my dealer today and he is going to phone Cat tomorrow as to when my kit will arrive. Where are you located Arcticmann? I still plan on installing 9 tooth drivers to fit a 2 inch track. I hope the rear of sled has a finished look to it. Anybody recommend a company for a high altitude clutch kit?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey BCH,

We have installed a 151" kit w/1.5" track and worked great. We also pre seasoned the kit and just got it in. We also installed a 144" kit with a 2.25" racer track. This track is trimmed down to 1.75" on the outer edges and requires the 9 tooth driver. We have also noticed extra track and no more room to adjust the tension. We are waiting for the 03' sno pro rear skid tunnel mounting plates to lower the rear of the skid below the tunnel (in an attempt to remove some of the extra slack. The slack was from the switching of drive wheels. Should work great.

Last year we ran the 141" kit with the 1.75" track for the hill cross circuit and it worked very well. lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
9tooth driver provides clearence for the front of the tunnel. would you have to redrill holes and lower your back mounting arm for clearance at the back? (for a 2" track) Do you have to hand cut a 15" wide track to 13.5" since 2" is not available? just wondering? I have a 151" kit with the 1.5" lug sitting in my garage right now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Deanm, will lowering the rear of skid increase ski pressure by a whole lot and did you drill out the lower hole for mounting front arm and shorten limiter straps to accomodate the track wrapping around a smaller driver? Are the tunnel mounting plates readily available or is it maybe an idea to add an 8 inch rear wheel kit to take up slack.

Are you located in east or west. I live in southern BC and we just got snow yesterday. Very late this year. Any advice on a clutch setup for the longtrack would be appreciated. :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts