Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well 3rd and 3rd again today BUT a much better day with better competition, i also recommended this site to 2 firecat owners. I hope to see them here soon ;)

so anyway - i went in with less fuel, new belt ( thx mike ) and thanks to a nice F7 owner ( collin ) i strapped down the front end

my problem? I couldn't cpmtrol it ( LOL ) i was tippy hard left to right, almsot went into second lane once, outside another run ) - i have to adjust to the strap and stuff i guess...... ( any suggestions appreciated ) :ph34r:

2 was my fogging problem... after changing all the wires and testing them... i still fogged hard and fast, i am guessing the shiled is dead.....

mx helmet on tuesday - hehehe

I ate a F7 once and i ate a doo, the losses were all me almost killing myself - but what a blastttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

next week!!

Do you have to drop the rear end for more control?

lata playas

·
Registered
336 Posts
:rolleyes: Well, 3rd isn't bad! It's better than nothing, right? You'll get it all hooked up right
and then you'll kick some ass! Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
ccc heres what you need to do lossen your limiter strap up. have a buddie stand on the rear bumper and chain it down. from the rear sisser to the alum cross shaft you want the suspention to be solid. you need to have about 2'' of suspention left in the rear. after that is done. you need to take a 2x4 and set under the skis. and tie it down untill track is completly flat on the ground. this should give you optimum tracktion. Make sure you take out the coupling blocks before you chain the rear. for 660' I run 21 top sprocket stock bottom sprocket. and in 500' i run 20 tooth top sprocket and stock bottem sprocket. I have a 1" lug track with 170 studs. I tried a snopro helix this weekend and it does seem to pull a little harder. I have been having good luck racing with stock clutch commponats. I have only been beat by 1 sled and it was an 02 yamaha sxviper. he seems to win all the improved classes or at least 700&800 improved I have raced him 9 times he has beat me 5 out of 9. so just make sure you dont fall asleep at the line. and you will do well. I have a couple of other tricks up my sleave. thatwill defintly help you win but I don't know the rules where your racing. IF you would like to know about these tricks p.m. me Good luck G-P :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha, thx man, well there aren't alot of rules.... hell they dont even do the tech inspection most times....
so shoot away, all these races are just to get my feet wet and practice on the lights. Getting ready for the big money races in late march ;)

also there was 1 cat in a snow scross race, 4 doos, cat won..... look at the 700 class - all F7s - i beat both of them once when i had control... ( hehehe )

Snow Drags – Stock 700cc

1st Mike Hilchey Arctic Cat

2nd Colin Allooloo Arctic Cat

3rd Darrow Andrews Arctic Cat

Snow Drag – Stock 800cc

1st Jonathan Bembridge Ski Doo

2nd Mike Hilchey Arctic Cat

3rd Darrow Andrews Arctic Cat

Snow Cross – Semi 500cc

1st Darcy Robinson Arctic Cat

2nd Kyle Bonnell Ski Doo

3rd Jonathan Bembridge Ski Doo