Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it was my first drags since the buying the F7, i didn't fare to well. My only highlights were beating the eventual F7 winner in our first drag ( inches )....and owning my buddies rx1 ( heheh )

Some of the main variables were the orginization.... was told to get there between 10:30 - 12... started at 2pm :(

-32°C

I sledded out because it was so close ( so i froze by race time )

it was a 1/8th of a mile race not 1/4

All main factors for all racers were hookup and light timing ( rusty ) heheheh, when i grabbed i was gone, when i spun they were gone... kinda common sense. I knew with in the first 5 feet who would win. I tried different lines and stuff.

Oh well maybe next sunday :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
What size track and was it studded? How bad were you beat? Running on ice or hard pack?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
F7 sno pro, 1.37 " track, not studded, snow drags on snow ;)

i'd say worse case scenario was 2 lengths.... alot were closer then that though, at the line i knew.... if they hooked first, i was toast and it was hard to make it up in such a short race....

i was hitting 85 mph at the end pylon

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thats not to bad considering that the larger track cuts 2-3 MPH. What where they running? 1 inchers ? They'll hook up better on a hard pack surface

·
Registered
244 Posts
You'll get em next time!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D B)

S

·
0 Posts
Sniper Get some studs, and some after market clutching, you'll kick thier butts if you do.
call 1-800-431-CATS ask for George , tell them Troy sent you, they will set you up good. here is the results she just e-mailed me
Snow Drags – Stock 700cc

1st Liz Belanger Ski Doo

2nd Colin Allooloo Arctic Cat

3rd Darrow Andrews Arctic Cat

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i will do when i have some money, hehehe. You know liz and jeff, stock my ass ;)

also

Snow Drag – Stock 800cc

1st Jonathan Bembridge Ski Doo

2nd Colin Allooloo Arctic Cat

3rd Darrow Andrews Arctic Cat

i beat that F7 on our first run by inches but then he beat me all others, LOL
also i was wondering, does collin do all of his work? If so do you think he would be my cat man for a fee of course, i know about his race experience. I am mechanically inclined but havent messed with clutching or gearing yet. Any help appreciated. Plus first race day ever, hopefully gets better ;)

also if i add studs can i still go stock or is it modified?

thx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts