Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 600 ho switch back carb job what it is doing is loading up on fuel on bottom end if i let it idle any amount of time rpm will go down to 850 rpm when i take off it sputters then it cleans itself out and goes like hell what can i do to get better performance on the low rpm side while riding just so it will run nice i have jetted the mains down to 400 any idea on pilots what can i do there or is there somethiong else i can do please help

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just bought a 600 ho switch back carb job what it is doing is loading up on fuel on bottom end if i let it idle any amount of time rpm will go down to 850 rpm when i take off it sputters then it cleans itself out and goes like hell what can i do to get better performance on the low rpm side while riding just so it will run nice i have jetted the mains down to 400 any idea on pilots what can i do there or is there somethiong else i can do please help[/b]

your carbs could care less about your main jet size at idle....check piolets and fuel screw setting

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
your carbs could care less about your main jet size at idle....check piolets and fuel screw setting[/b]
what should i have in there for pilots and what should the fuel screw setting be i have factory piolts in now when im warming it up it will go down to 850 rpm and want to stop this is when it is at about 80 to 90 degrees

·
Registered
71 Posts
what should i have in there for pilots and what should the fuel screw setting be i have factory piolts in now when im warming it up it will go down to 850 rpm and want to stop this is when it is at about 80 to 90 degrees[/b]
turn your fuel screws in all the way then back then out between half and three quarters of a turn......check your idle srew aswell make sure it is contactin the throttle link at the top of your carb

·
Registered
548 Posts
Just bought a 600 ho switch back carb job what it is doing is loading up on fuel on bottom end if i let it idle any amount of time rpm will go down to 850 rpm when i take off it sputters then it cleans itself out and goes like hell what can i do to get better performance on the low rpm side while riding just so it will run nice i have jetted the mains down to 400 any idea on pilots what can i do there or is there somethiong else i can do please help[/b]
My sled had the same problem.
They came stock with a 50 pilot which is too rich.

I ran a 45 pilot, apprx 1 turn out on fuel screw with 400 mains and the sled ran good. No more loading up at idle.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My sled had the same problem.
They came stock with a 50 pilot which is too rich.

I ran a 45 pilot, apprx 1 turn out on fuel screw with 400 mains and the sled ran good. No more loading up at idle.[/b]
thanx for the help i have 400 mains im going down to one turn on fuel screw and see what happens if the same im going down to 40 or 45 piolts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Yes, need to go down to at least a 45, 40 would be better. I need to order mine soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts