Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

I tow this trailer with an F150 Screw. Sleds are 2021 XC 650 (137) and a SkiDoo XP 600 Rev. Have always driven both sleds in but find it a pain to crouch in front of the sleds to screw down the ski lock down bars.

Not a fan of using the front hatch because of all the road grime on the front of the trailer. Have tried putting one sled in almost all the way and keeping the second sled closer to the rear, which is a bit better but still not ideal.

Has anyone tried driving one sled in and backing the second sled in with this type of trailer? I think this would give more space for accessing the ski lockdown handles?

Might pick up some Superclamps in the future if necessary.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Superclamps will make your life a lot easier. I picked two up for my inline before I even got it. Even taking out the screw clamps that came with the trailer was a pain in the ass.

Keep an eye on FB marketplace or Kijiji. They pop up every once in a while.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 XCR 850
275 Posts
Ont Sledder --not sure how the mats are in your trailer but you'd need to likely extend them if you are backing in. Driving in just seems so much easier at the end of a long long day.

Superclamps seem like the way to go. Just surprised there doesnt seem to be a less expensive option. It's not like its a complex problem. $240CAD each. ugh. I'll likely get some next year. Lol. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I agree backing up ramp will frustrate you at times, and almost make loading other way seem easier

if it was me I would just carry a solid broom to sweep off the front (or a old dirty jacket you don't; care to get dirty and sloppy!, like a good rain coat this will keep you dry too then! and just put on to load, and take off, hang in trailer when done! ) and use the opening there, and make life as easy as it should be to load them in this type of trailer!

·
Registered
2020 XCR 850
275 Posts
I agree backing up ramp will frustrate you at times, and almost make loading other way seem easier

if it was me I would just carry a solid broom to sweep off the front (or a old dirty jacket you don't; care to get dirty and sloppy!, like a good rain coat this will keep you dry too then! and just put on to load, and take off, hang in trailer when done! ) and use the opening there, and make life as easy as it should be to load them in this type of trailer!
That's a good idea.

I just thought of something I'm going to try. I'm going to find like a small moving blanket and roll it up and maybe attach it to the inside of trailer just below the hatch maybe with boat cover type snaps. Then when I open the hatch I can just grab the blanket, unroll it and flop it outside the trailer. That way I can lean against it and when I roll it up again only one side will get salty the other always stays clean. The snaps will allow it to be easily removed.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Currently have a 4 place Featherlite snowmobile trailer with Superclamp II’s for the skis and Superclamps for the slide rails and I agree they are pricey, but since using them I have never looked back. I have a custom optioned Mission enclosed snowmobile trailer on order and will still keep the Featherlite and have will purchase Superclamps once it arrives. The way I look at it, the price of the Superclamps compared to the price of the trailer, sleds, tow vehicle and all the associated gear is nothing and the convenience the Superclamps brings is priceless.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
I plan to use my slop winter jacket. The jacket I dont care about. Along with my slop mechanic gloves. Ive also been thinking of putting some sort of step on each side of the tongue with foot grip strips so I can step up into the door, rather than leaning into it.

I like the canvas tarp rolled up idea.

·
Registered
46,266 Posts
View attachment 2124637
I tow this trailer with an F150 Screw. Sleds are 2021 XC 650 (137) and a SkiDoo XP 600 Rev. Have always driven both sleds in but find it a pain to crouch in front of the sleds to screw down the ski lock down bars.

Not a fan of using the front hatch because of all the road grime on the front of the trailer. Have tried putting one sled in almost all the way and keeping the second sled closer to the rear, which is a bit better but still not ideal.

Has anyone tried driving one sled in and backing the second sled in with this type of trailer? I think this would give more space for accessing the ski lockdown handles?

Might pick up some Superclamps in the future if necessary.
Was just going to suggest the super clamp ski tie downs. Their awesome, makes locking down a sled in seconds.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Main reason I went with my V Nose Hybrid....Ill be standing up inside this year. ;)

But with my old clamshell i just wore a old Carharrt jacket when clamping down.

·
Registered
2022 Polaris Indy XCR 850 136
102 Posts
Agreed that backing in would be more of a pain than it is worth... We did it to fit 4 sleds in a 3 place trailer last year and it was not fun. I went with the hybrid v-nose style and it makes life much easier with the extra head room up front.
Cloud Sky Snow Automotive tire Tree

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Sky

·
Registered
6 Posts
Agree with the Superclamps - I quickly purchased some after experiencing the same tie-down frustrations with my hybrid trailer. Much quicker and easier on the back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts