Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left from Scotsburn and ran the railbed to Big Al's for a bite. the railbed is in surprisingly great shape, not very rough with a solid base, some icy spots and very little water but no cooling issues even withotu studs. Now the bad news. Where the 551 west meets the railbed the bridge on the rd 1/4mile from the end is out and impassable, on the bright side they can't plow the rd, anyone got a ramp!!! Tried to take trail 557 from the rail bed through to the Porter Rd but theres massive tree falls, impassable, that explains why I havent noticed many tracks outta there this year. Back to Scotsburn and attempted to take the east end of the 551 up to the mountain but snow conditions are real low then lots of water (ie MUD!) If your a clean freak better stay away, pressure washer required. I have no idea what conditions are like on the mountain, I imagine if you unloaded from the Prter Rd ot the Gunshot you'd be fine. A few pics, Sledteddy's new Crossfire and the missing bridge

·
Registered
13 Posts
We cleaned all the treefalls off the 557 between the tracks and the swinging bridge once already this year. looks like we'll have to do it again. The trees must be close to the tracks. We were down towards the tracks yesterday afternoon with the kids but turned around because of too much water on the trail. Left for the mountain last night from home and the 557 was clear all the way through to the Porter rd. The mountain was good going, went over to Nuttby on freshly groomed trails, just the odd water hole or washout. I'll try to clean up the treefalls on the 557 this afternoon.

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Good reports fellas,saves me a towing trip to Sutherlands :thumbsup: Plan on heading out today from MacKenzie Settlement area ,check out the 415, 419 etc and up to the Dal. hut. Will flag any bad spots. Weiner, I see you may head out today, any chance you were heading towards the Dal. hut and still have those studs?? PM'd you awile ago on that :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good reports fellas,saves me a towing trip to Sutherlands :thumbsup: Plan on heading out today from MacKenzie Settlement area ,check out the 415, 419 etc and up to the Dal. hut. Will flag any bad spots. Weiner, I see you may head out today, any chance you were heading towards the Dal. hut and still have those studs?? PM'd you awile ago on that :biggrin:[/b]
Not sure if I'm making it out today or not, bit of a cold/flu going on. If I do I'll pack them in. That's the way I'll be going if I do go out. Anyone around here wanna go?

·
Registered
20 Posts
weiner
sometime your going for a run on the local trails, drop me a line. I have never ran in your area. Could drop wife at in laws in NG and then play in snow fro a few hours
david

1 - 7 of 7 Posts