Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to mention that apparently all firecats have extra holes in the limiter straps, and they are at the TOP of the strap, not the bottom. Snopro suspensions come with the strap in the longest position, while standard suspensions come with the bolt in the middle hole. I found best results on my snopro by using the MIDDLE hole. If you use the shortest hole, you will be losing some rear arm useful travel, and also you will INCREASE any DARTING problems you are having. Therefore, those of you that have std suspensions should NOT be looking to change the length of your limiter straps from the stock setting.. You don't have anything to gain, as your suspensions are softer and you don't want to sacrifice any travel nor do you want to increase darting.

If you have a snopro with your limiter in the middle hole OR a standard suspension, and still feel you need more ski bite, you need to look toward your skis and/or carbides for the answer.. Shortening the limiter straps beyond the middle hole will only complicate your suspension tuning problems. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Thanks Rob, I was wondering what would happen in the shorter hole. Your recommendations so far have pointed most of us in a direction of figuring the sled our and making it handle the way we would like it to. Truly amazing on how much just a slight change can make it handle differently. Have mine pretty close to the way I like it. Next season going to change out the ski's for something aftermarket and leaning towards the slp powder pro's but want to see what the manufactures come out with. I have a feeling that with the number of firecats built this year along with future production that someone will come out with a ski made for the firecat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts