Hardcore Sledder banner

221 - 240 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Employees shouldn't be too surprised. Polaris has proven they can't deliver snow checks on time and this upcoming season will be worse than ever (global shortages and record orders).

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Employees shouldn't be too surprised. Polaris has proven they can't deliver snow checks on time and this upcoming season will be worse than ever (global shortages and record orders).
Hoping you are wrong. That by Polaris capping sled numbers they have a control on what they can build. Also if they did sell more or know there are supply issues, they start building sleds now, even if they are only half way built. So that if need be they can be finished as parts roll in. I just hope they don't wait to start at their normal build times, no matter what. As time is something that can't be bought and by starting now, that affords extra time.

·
Registered
2020 Polaris 850 Indy xc 137” Ice Ripper, HD rear torsions, Studboy Dueces Kimpex fuel holder
731 Posts
Maybe after all customer and dealer sleds are built, employees can go in after hours on their own time and build their sleds from whatever surplus parts there are...didn’t Johnny Cash get his Caddy that way???

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hoping you are wrong. That by Polaris capping sled numbers they have a control on what they can build. Also if they did sell more or know there are supply issues, they start building sleds now, even if they are only half way built. So that if need be they can be finished as parts roll in. I just hope they don't wait to start at their normal build times, no matter what. As time is something that can't be bought and by starting now, that affords extra time.
I read on some some thread(maybe this one) that a Polaris employee told them that they were starting to build sleds 2 months earlier than normal

·
Registered
2020 Polaris 850 Indy xc 137” Ice Ripper, HD rear torsions, Studboy Dueces Kimpex fuel holder
731 Posts
They are ramping up production and starting early to build the new Indian Indys, Chieftain Switchbacks, and FTR XCRs.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
sounds like a lot of union type bullshit, union probably will make up excesses to go on strike mid summer . that typical of unions around .
all interweb bullshit, get back on topic

·
Registered
345 Posts
I don't know anything about anything. But even if they cap orders it looks like they will be building a lot more sleds this year than last year. And it might be hard to "turn on the sled line". I assume those lines are currently building UTV / ATS's?

·
Registered
731 Posts
sounds like a lot of union type bullshit, union probably will make up excesses to go on strike mid summer . that typical of unions around .
all interweb bullshit, get back on topic
Is Polaris Industries union???

And there’s your answer. Maybe do a little homework before blowing smoke.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
I don't know anything about anything. But even if they cap orders it looks like they will be building a lot more sleds this year than last year. And it might be hard to "turn on the sled line". I assume those lines are currently building UTV / ATS's?
I questioned this during last year's snow check. Several times was told from others on here that the sleds and atvs are built on different lines, possibly in different buildings.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I questioned this during last year's snow check. Several times was told from others on here that the sleds and atvs are built on different lines, possibly in different buildings.
The plant in Roseau definitely has separate assembly lines for snow and ATV's, they run parallel to each other in the same building. There was a link to a 3D virtual plant walk thru tour that someone posted here a while back.
The sleds hang suspended for there journey through the plant in a jig that can support the sled in a rotated position when needed to add the suspension, etc.
The ATV's are on a vertical lift that they can adjust to add components.

·
Registered
20,620 Posts
You are going to see a lot of late deliveries on sleds from anyone and a lot of pissed off people. I would also not trade in or sell your current sled until you have your snow check in your garage. I would also stock up on parts you usually use and oil right now. It was bad this season and it is going to be worse next season.

·
Registered
2022 Polaris XCR 850
1,290 Posts
They took my order, then they took my $500.00
Now supposedly they have cut off further orders because they have enough & don't want to take anymore so they can fill the orders they have taken. :)
Makes sense I'd guess. Now get busy & fill the orders you've taken on the "Snow Check Program" in time for the snow season we use them in.
Have a great summer!!
Sooooo.......

221 - 240 of 270 Posts