Hardcore Sledder banner

201 - 220 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Couldn't imagine the noise there would be on here if somebody's Snowcheck didn't come in but a Polaris employee was out cruizin' on their nice shiny "benefit" '22. I'm sure Polaris will replace the perk with another option and they'll be just fine.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
My dealer takes all the deposits/orders and doesn't do the final confirmation to Polaris until the very last minute on April 15. They do this to allow customers to make changes to their builds, per dealer.

For example, I received an email from Polaris stating my Snowcheck was "Submitted" but need to contact dealer for finalization/confirmation. Dealer says that won't happen until April 15. I called the dealer and he confirmed it's "sold to me" but they wouldn't finalize until April 15.

Now I'm worried that by doing this they may run into allocation issues.

Anyone else's dealer operate this way?
Mine is the same. They sent me the ordered paperwork but hasn't finalized yet. Kinda feel like calling again

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I realize this is an unusual year and that there are supply chain issues. I'll ask this not to just you but to anyone that can give me real facts... Has Polaris suffered from a drop in sales in on 2021's? Or has their SnowCheck program been below target for 2022's? If there has indeed been hardship from a lack of sales then I would be willing to retract my statements. Maybe I'm wrong but I think Polaris is killing it and sales have been up? Not 100% sure on this but it sure seems like what I'm seeing?

Correct. Polaris is having a good year in sales for snowmobiles. But how can you not understand that Polaris should take care of customers first. Deliver/Provide sleds for paying customers first then employees and dealership owners demos. Is this out of line?

·
Registered
207 Posts
If I worked for Polaris and they took away my incentive benefit package I would be ripping pissed off. Making sure they take care of their employees first should be the highest priority.
All other orders should come after the employees have had their chance to order theirs.
If you came into my office, in the middle of unprecedented global supply chain disruptions, and bitched about having to hold onto your brand new sled an extra year, I'd fire you on the spot.

I'm sure they're not happy about it but I imagine they understand. They can still be "taken care of" without a product off the assembly line. They're not being asked to take pay cuts.

I was upset when my work stopped stocking pretzels in the snack cabinet. But perks come and go, I got over it.

If they are that insulted by a TEMPORARY hold on their ability to get discounted, LIMITED PRODUCT, then they are free to go work elsewhere. I doubt they're as upset as some people on the internet whom it doesn't actually effect

·
Registered
Matryx Assault 850 and Fully Loaded Titan Beast
2,093 Posts
Thank god I don't have to walk into your office. I guess in your opinion everyone there is sitting on brand new 2021 Matryx sleds. Some how I doubt that?

I'm very sorry for your pretzels not being in the cabinet for you at your workplace. That must have really been a bad day for you. I hope you do find a way to get over it. I'm sure everyone in your workplace has a leftover bag of pretzels from last year anyways. If you came in my office bitching about pretzels I wouldn't fire you but me and the other guys would have a good time laughing. After the good laugh I'd run out and re-stock the snack cabinet for you with some fresh pretzels because that's just the kind of guy that I am.

We are both here on the internet wasting time with such a discussion. I'm not hardly a bit upset myself and you are right, it doesn't affect me. I feel for you if you are upset.

Beyond the unprecedented supply chain disruptions did Polaris have a bad 2021 sleds sales season? And for that matter has their SnowCheck 2022 season so far been a benefits pulling disaster?

Look, I'm just having a little fun with this topic. I just question the disaster that is being made of the situation to be worthy of taking anything away from employees.
Does anybody think the Big guys upstairs got cheesy bonus packages or were told they couldn't have pretzels this year?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Thank god I don't have to walk into your office. I guess in your opinion everyone there is sitting on brand new 2021 Matryx sleds. Some how I doubt that?

I'm very sorry for your pretzels not being in the cabinet for you at your workplace. That must have really been a bad day for you. I hope you do find a way to get over it. I'm sure everyone in your workplace has a leftover bag of pretzels from last year anyways. If you came in my office bitching about pretzels I wouldn't fire you but me and the other guys would have a good time laughing. After the good laugh I'd run out and re-stock the snack cabinet for you with some fresh pretzels because that's just the kind of guy that I am.

We are both here on the internet wasting time with such a discussion. I'm not hardly a bit upset myself and you are right, it doesn't affect me. I feel for you if you are upset.

Beyond the unprecedented supply chain disruptions did Polaris have a bad 2021 sleds sales season? And for that matter has their SnowCheck 2022 season so far been a benefits pulling disaster?

Look, I'm just having a little fun with this topic. I just question the disaster that is being made of the situation to be worthy of taking anything away from employees.
Does anybody think the Big guys upstairs got cheesy bonus packages or were told they couldn't have pretzels this year?
I laugh at the hard ass imaginary internet bosses that fantasize about “firing people on the spot”...classic.😂😂

·
Registered
38 Posts
I realize this is an unusual year and that there are supply chain issues. I'll ask this not to just you but to anyone that can give me real facts... Has Polaris suffered from a drop in sales in on 2021's? Or has their SnowCheck program been below target for 2022's? If there has indeed been hardship from a lack of sales then I would be willing to retract my statements. Maybe I'm wrong but I think Polaris is killing it and sales have been up? Not 100% sure on this but it sure seems like what I'm seeing?

I'd question anybody being overly worried about having a job in today's job market? I know there's a lot of people choosing to sit on the couch collecting unemployment with all the bonus bucks and stimulus money but I don't believe finding a job to be a huge problem today for "Most" people. Companies big and small are crying for help and one of the biggest problems right now in this country is finding help. Wages are up and job opportunities are plentiful.

If Polaris employees are being reimbursed in a different way then that's great. I haven't heard of it and I don't think that anybody here has mentioned it either? Maybe they are being taken care of and if they are I'd again retract my statements that is a low blow to take away that benefit that they usually have had? I certainly hope they do get some kind of perk or bonus for what they have had to take on the chin.
Jmax, you are on one hell of a rant. Is Polaris and every other outdoor recreational equipment manufacturer likely making record profits? Hell yea! I am not disputing that there might be greed. As we witnessed this past year, there is substantial problems with supply chains. Even though Polaris is rolling around in a Grand Canyon full of massive cash, I think there is an issue for timely product delivery. Skidoo had a planned snow check season that ended 2 weeks shorter than any other previous year, which also validates the concerns and precautions for Polaris.

·
Registered
2022 Polaris XCR 850
1,290 Posts
NEVER sell a sled before you get your new one. And I don't even sell then, I like to have a backup to the backup. Season is waaaay too short to be sitting on the sidelines without a sled, no matter the reason.
To each there own. I'm not losing any sleep over this scare tactic BS. It's just a sled anyway.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
I wonder if Cat is having supply issues? If you think about it, Cat's Snow Check program is shorter this year too!

Last year.....it was....what?? 5 months long? LOL
Basically now all mfgs are now doing what Cat started with snowmogeddon. Looks like there will be very few in season sleds available from any mfg

·
Registered
63 Posts
I’m guessing every dealer has a certain amount of snowcheck sleds they can order. The dealer that I snowchecked from last April was cut off from ordering any more snowchecks for this season on Tuesday. I got my order in on Monday just in the nick of time.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Jmax, you are on one hell of a rant. Is Polaris and every other outdoor recreational equipment manufacturer likely making record profits? Hell yea! I am not disputing that there might be greed. As we witnessed this past year, there is substantial problems with supply chains. Even though Polaris is rolling around in a Grand Canyon full of massive cash, I think there is an issue for timely product delivery. Skidoo had a planned snow check season that ended 2 weeks shorter than any other previous year, which also validates the concerns and precautions for Polaris.
Not a rant at all. As long as you keep tagging me and sharing your opinions I choose only to reply to the ones I disagree with.
I think "Maybe" you just think employees are here for employers to use at their discretion taking away benefits whenever the feel it's worthy for them to make the decision.
I find it hard to even argue that if sales and profits are both up why is there a need to take away any employee benefits?

This Covid shit has created some real supply chain issues but even more has created some fake overblown bullshit that some companies are using to their advantage to rake millions. "Nothing new"

You agree that Polaris is rolling around in a Grand Canyon full of massive cash but the issue for you is timely product delivery? While I agree that a timely product delivery is very important I guess I don't see where taking away an employee sled benefit has anything to do with getting sleds out quicker? All it means is that Polaris can't profit as much if a few employees order sleds that they can't sell outright to the general public for a higher profit.

They and Ski Doo are outselling and blowing away normal sales years right now. I'm seeing the same thing in my dock sales with my business. There is only enough time to sell so many units of anything. They only have the capacity to produce so many sleds. It so happens that they have the ability to break records with an insane amount of sled sales but know there's a cap to what they can build. So "Fuck It" lets ask our employees to drop their benefit for a year so we can have a banner year.

My Dock sales in March already surpassed what a normal year of sales would be for me. Problem is that now we are into early April and the manufacturing of dock sections is already pushed out expectations for customers to get their docks into mid June. By the time I get to mid April I might as well shut down dock sales because who the hell wants their new dock delivery in July/August. Normally I sell docks in late April and early May. This year any customer that rolls in here in that timeframe might as well be ordering their new dock for next year unless they want to receive their new dock this Fall.

It's simple.... Polaris knows they only have the ability to build so many. Why not pull the employee benefit so every sleds holds higher profits.
I'm not a betting man but I'd guess as employees lose their benefits this year Big Bosses and CEO's will get nice bonuses???

I'm sorry if you see this as One Hell of a Rant. It's just a topic of discussion that came up. I didn't even start it.
I just see it as a cheap move on Polaris to stick anything on the employee this year as they pull in record sales.
I don't feel bad for Polaris. In fact I again helped them by spending more money with them this year.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
So, you would prioritize giving an employee of yours a dock prior to giving it to a customer? What happens when customers find out that one of your employees has his dock, and it’s September and they are still waiting on their’s? Do they go buy a dock somewhere else? Do they ever come back to you to buy anything?

·
Registered
2021 XCR Switchback 850
2,339 Posts
To each there own. I'm not losing any sleep over this scare tactic BS. It's just a sled anyway.
Not a scare tactic, just how I treat the sledding season. Always have and always will. Again, to each their own. And I choose to own 3.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just see it as a cheap move on Polaris to stick anything on the employee this year as they pull in record sales.
Since jmaxdox treats his employees so well and the business is having a banner sales year, maybe he’ll give each of his employees the option of using a new dock this season. At the end of the season he can sell the demo docks to the folks on his waiting at a discount if they’re still in the market for a new dock.
What’s that you say? His employees aren’t paid enough to own waterfront property and would just as soon have a larger bonus at the end of the year to help pay their bills?
I’d say it’s a bit of a stretch to claim that all the Polaris employees are going to be pissed that they don’t get a new sled to use this year. I may not be as hardcore of a rider as jmaxdox since I don’t get winters off, but I wouldn’t equate not getting a new demo sled versus a possible record bonus as getting screwed.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
So, you would prioritize giving an employee of yours a dock prior to giving it to a customer? What happens when customers find out that one of your employees has his dock, and it’s September and they are still waiting on their’s? Do they go buy a dock somewhere else? Do they ever come back to you to buy anything?
Let's be clear here "Just Pinch It" because your comparison doesn't apply to how I run things here at all.

I pay my guys very well and they work on a piece work scale where they get paid for their productivity and how many sections they install. The guys that are agressive and get up early and kick ass all day make absolutely sick money. The guys that start late, work hard but quit early still like their pay much better than most hourly jobs anywhere around here. If you are lazy and only want to work the sunny warm days when the wind doesn't blow and still start late and quit early they don't do all that well and I really don't want their type of worker anyways.

I have never offered free dock sections to my employees so that isn't something I can take away from them. I do offer all of my full % discounts to all of my guys on dock sections and parts for any and all of their own docking needs. I also offer my full discount that I get for lumber materials or wet suit products that we all need. I would NEVER in a tough year or a year that I was killing it take away any of these full discounts that I have offered them for as long as I have been in business and doing this for my guys.

My customers buy from me because they know I always shoot them straight and always treat them with respect. I have let them all know without any pressure that this is a fucked up year and they should get deposits in early and not kick tires if they're gonna buy a new system this year. Those that get there orders in early get their products first when they are ready. I figure that's fair business. I don't build for the late buyers before the ones that stepped up early with their deposits.

Customers that go elsewhere don't get special treatment here. Just like good sled dealers. I take care of my own customers quickly 1st. Respect is given where respect has been earned. If anybody doesn't like or understand that mentality and way that I operate that's fine. Go save a buck elsewhere and suffer with the poor service you get there. I love it when they come back crying. For me saying I told you so actually is rewarding.

SHORT STORY.. Just had a customer that wanted to buy two new Jet Ski Lifts. We started discussions 3 weeks ago. I told her I don't do Credit cards. They insisted they wanted to use their Credit Card for points or something they earned. Let's be clear they aren't poor people using a card because it's there only current money. Their camp is nicer than my house. 3 weeks later I am contacted by them because they are running into ordering issues. If they had just stuck with me they would have had deliveries of their lifts in May. Now they are ready to work with me and pay me buy check but I now can't get their lifts until late June/July. Now they are frustrated with the situation. Am I supposed to feel sorry for them? I already wasted a bunch of time with them 3 weeks ago talking up the best lift for their particular jet ski models and finding the best attachments for attach them to their docks. All for what? So they could run somewhere else to buy somewhere else by Credit Card from some salesman instead of me that was going directly through the supplier. Will I be wasting more time with them come Monday now? Good Chance...

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
All I’m saying is that these guys telling Polaris Employees to go cry elsewhere wouldn’t be happy if their employer came to them and took away a perk or benefit. They also wouldn’t like it if some stranger told them to go cry a river about it.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Since jmaxdox treats his employees so well and the business is having a banner sales year, maybe he’ll give each of his employees the option of using a new dock this season. At the end of the season he can sell the demo docks to the folks on his waiting at a discount if they’re still in the market for a new dock.
What’s that you say? His employees aren’t paid enough to own waterfront property and would just as soon have a larger bonus at the end of the year to help pay their bills?
I’d say it’s a bit of a stretch to claim that all the Polaris employees are going to be pissed that they don’t get a new sled to use this year. I may not be as hardcore of a rider as jmaxdox since I don’t get winters off, but I wouldn’t equate not getting a new demo sled versus a possible record bonus as getting screwed.
I stated before not knowing of any FACTS that Polaris has offered bonuses to employees that lost sled benefit. If they are indeed getting a bonus of some other type to offset the loss of sled bonus that changes everything doesn't it? Tell me "SRRFRR" is this bonus a fact you're speaking of or is it an assumption of yours? As I said earlier, I would retract all of my shared opinions if bonuses were indeed offered in exchange for missing out on their sled benefit. Nobody here in this thread has stepped up to say that Polaris offered bonuses to employees in exchange for the lost sled benefit. If you have facts here to share then don't hold back. I'd much rather believe that Polaris will indeed make good to their employees on the subject of discussion. If Polaris has said they will be delivering bonuses in replacement for lost benefit then great. My opinion then would mean nothing because Polaris has actually stepped up and made decisions with honorable solutions.

Look... I respect all of you guys and certainly don't want to be part of some dum discussion that seems to be getting heated for little to no reason.
None of us have any skin in the game that I'm aware of.
If you snow checked?? "AWESOME"
If you aren't going to then why would you care about any of this?
If your wanting to SnowCheck then what the hell are you waiting for?

I'm done responding.
If someone would like to state facts that these employees are getting bonuses or some other kind of re-reimbursement for real I'll be more than happy to retract my thoughts and praise POO for being great and honorable. I would certainly put slightly more pride into realizing I made the wrong assumption here.
Have a Good Easter everybody.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
All I’m saying is that these guys telling Polaris Employees to go cry elsewhere wouldn’t be happy if their employer came to them and took away a perk or benefit. They also wouldn’t like it if some stranger told them to go cry a river about it.
Well said. My point summed up in quick reference. Thank Al.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I laugh at the hard ass imaginary internet bosses that fantasize about “firing people on the spot”...classic.😂😂
Let's be clear here "Just Pinch It" because your comparison doesn't apply to how I run things here at all.

I pay my guys very well and they work on a piece work scale where they get paid for their productivity and how many sections they install. The guys that are agressive and get up early and kick ass all day make absolutely sick money. The guys that start late, work hard but quit early still like their pay much better than most hourly jobs anywhere around here. If you are lazy and only want to work the sunny warm days when the wind doesn't blow and still start late and quit early they don't do all that well and I really don't want their type of worker anyways.

I have never offered free dock sections to my employees so that isn't something I can take away from them. I do offer all of my full % discounts to all of my guys on dock sections and parts for any and all of their own docking needs. I also offer my full discount that I get for lumber materials or wet suit products that we all need. I would NEVER in a tough year or a year that I was killing it take away any of these full discounts that I have offered them for as long as I have been in business and doing this for my guys.

My customers buy from me because they know I always shoot them straight and always treat them with respect. I have let them all know without any pressure that this is a fucked up year and they should get deposits in early and not kick tires if they're gonna buy a new system this year. Those that get there orders in early get their products first when they are ready. I figure that's fair business. I don't build for the late buyers before the ones that stepped up early with their deposits.

Customers that go elsewhere don't get special treatment here. Just like good sled dealers. I take care of my own customers quickly 1st. Respect is given where respect has been earned. If anybody doesn't like or understand that mentality and way that I operate that's fine. Go save a buck elsewhere and suffer with the poor service you get there. I love it when they come back crying. For me saying I told you so actually is rewarding.

SHORT STORY.. Just had a customer that wanted to buy two new Jet Ski Lifts. We started discussions 3 weeks ago. I told her I don't do Credit cards. They insisted they wanted to use their Credit Card for points or something they earned. Let's be clear they aren't poor people using a card because it's there only current money. There camp is nicer than my house. 3 weeks later I am contacted by them because they are running into ordering issues. If they had just stuck with me they would have had deliveries of their lifts in May. Now they are ready to work with me and pay me buy check but I now can't get their lifts until late June/July. Now they are frustrated with the situation. Am I supposed to feel sorry for them? I already wasted a bunch of time with them 3 weeks ago talking up the best lift for their particular jet ski models and finding the best attachments for attach them to their docks. All for what? So they could run somewhere else to buy somewhere else by Credit Card from some salesman instead of me that was going directly through the supplier. Will I be wasting more time with them come Monday now? Good Chance...

SHORT STORY.. Just had a customer that wanted to buy two new Jet Ski Lifts. We started discussions 3 weeks ago. I told her I don't do Credit cards. They insisted they wanted to use their Credit Card for points or something they earned. Let's be clear they aren't poor people using a card because it's there only current money. There camp is nicer than my house. 3 weeks later I am contacted by them because they are running into ordering issues. If they had just stuck with me they would have had deliveries of their lifts in May. Now they are ready to work with me and pay me buy check but I now can't get their lifts until late June/July. Now they are frustrated with the situation. Am I supposed to feel sorry for them? I already wasted a bunch of time with them 3 weeks ago talking up the best lift for their particular jet ski models and finding the best attachments for attach them to their docks. All for what? So they could run somewhere else to buy somewhere else by Credit Card from some salesman instead of me that was going directly through the supplier. Will I be wasting more time with them come Monday now? Good Chance...
J-max, you bring up some interesting points and you are absolutely correct...the big wigs at Polaris will get huge bonuses this year! I live 30 miles from the engine plant in Osceola WI, and Polaris is practically begging people to come and work for them, even offering potential hiring bonuses for certain positions. Employees have plenty of work, and obviously lots of overtime available since they cannot find enough workers.

I still think you are blowing the "benefits" angle out of proportion, as I see it as more of a "perk" (which can come and go). I also see your angle of Polaris trying to max out every possible sled sale, for maximum profit. They have suggested for at least a full week, that they may have to close off sales (early) for some models, so they are obviously not hurting for sales. You are right, however, that they could easily figure out a way to allow their employees to purchase/lease a 2022 sled, along with their record sales. Luckily, Polaris employees still have what is most important to anyone who is trying to provide for themselves and their families...a steady job and income, and future employment that looks pretty damn secure!

201 - 220 of 270 Posts