Hardcore Sledder banner

181 - 200 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
If I worked for Polaris and they took away my incentive benefit package I would be ripping pissed off. Making sure they take care of their employees first should be the highest priority.
All other orders should come after the employees have had their chance to order theirs.
This came up before and somebody made a comment to the effect of “boo hoo for the Polaris employees” and my comment was how would you like it If you lost a benefit from your employer and somebody told you to go cry elsewhere.🤷🏻
My guess is they would absolutely take exception to it.

·
Registered
2021 VR-1 650 137"
110 Posts
If I worked for Polaris and they took away my incentive benefit package I would be ripping pissed off. Making sure they take care of their employees first should be the highest priority.
All other orders should come after the employees have had their chance to order theirs.
They were told they needed to keep the sled they got last year. I don't see how that is really taking away their benefit package. The employee I talked to last night had less than 100 miles on his sled from last year due to the poor snow conditions in MN.

·
Registered
38 Posts
jmax, I think you have lost your mind on this one! This benefit was not taken away entirely, just for this year. Furthermore, Polaris's primary mission is not to sell sleds to their employees (at a substantial discount), but to actual full paying, profit making customers. Successful companies certainly prosper more when they treat their employees well, but your view on this is backwards, especially given what has happened with the supply chain this past year.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Are you kidding. Polaris takes care of the employees first by sending paychecks each week (or every other). Anyone at the level of getting a demo sled should understand that this perk comes second to the customers getting sleds. Furthermore, if they get to keep the 2021 demo for an extra year then they at least have something to ride.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
This came up before and somebody made a comment to the effect of “boo hoo for the Polaris employees” and my comment was how would you like it If you lost a benefit from your employer and somebody told you to go cry elsewhere.🤷🏻
My guess is they would absolutely take exception to it.
You guys crying over this is something. If a employee can't see the reason behind this then that same attitude will likely get them fired soon. Furthermore, if polaris felt the need to I'm sure they could find a way to make it up to those employees in other ways.

And holy shit, if they are still whining because they have to ride a 2021 Matrix for one more year then I would fire them on the spot.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
You guys crying over this is something. If a employee can't see the reason behind this then that same attitude will likely get them fired soon. Furthermore, if polaris felt the need to I'm sure they could find a way to make it up to those employees in other ways.

And holy shit, if they are still whining because they have to ride a 2021 Matrix for one more year then I would fire them on the spot.
I’m not crying about anything...the reality is that you’re the one with the bloody vag. Who in the fuck are you to tell a Polaris employee to quit crying when this benefit is part of their compensation package...fire them on the spot..maybe in your dreams dummy.🤣

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
It’s because all those greedy Polaris employees are gobbling them up....UpDork1.7 is on his way there to fire all of them!!!!🤣🤣

·
Registered
Matryx Assault 850 and Fully Loaded Titan Beast
2,093 Posts
I don't care what the rest of you guys think and if you think I'm out of my mind that's cool too. I agree with AL CZERVICK.

How many people work for Polaris? How many actually were really wanting to get a 2022 sled. I'm guessing they have Polaris deals for UTV's, ATV's and all kinds of other Polaris products. So I doubt there's an ultimately huge # of employees that wanted to order 2022's that were told they couldn't? For the guy that already has a 2021 Matryx maybe it isn't a huge deal breaker for him but it is still one of his benefits as an employee that was taken away so sure I'd be pissed and bitching about it. But lets speak for the guy that is still riding an older Pro series or wearing out his Axys and this was the year he wanted to upgrade and get his 1st Matryx? I'd be fucking bent and my moral would go down the shitter. I gotta flip the chair and say right back to you guys that think I'm off my rocker that it is you that must be thinking of yourself and the need of customers being more important than employees. I run my business and try to make sure my guys are taken care of. You don't get great hard working employees by telling them they need to suck it up and get over it by fucking them out of their benefits so the company can have a banner year. Like I said, I doubt most employees much cared because I bet a small percentage were actually lining up for buying new Matryx sleds this year that got screwed.

Moral of my point is that you don't screw your hard working employees by fucking them out of benefits. It may not be a big benefit for one guy that's there only for the paycheck but the next guy there might actually work there because this is the best benefit of working there. You don't think Polaris isn't raking fucking cake making money hand over fist?

DON'T FUCK OVER YOUR EMPLOYEES JUST SO YOU CAN RAKE MORE CAKE.

Why is there a need to pull the employee benefit? Polaris is fucking killing it with sales you dam fools. You think these are hard times for them? Get a clue. "But Yeah, I'm out of my mind???"

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 850
400 Posts
If they keep the sled a second year, they have a better chance of finding shortcomings/problems with the designs, thus improving the product.
I would call it a perk more than a benefit. I used to work for a manufacturer as a rep. We could order products at a discount. We could not order products that they could not keep up with demand for. My cousin works for FCA. There have always been certain cars he could not order with his employee discount. If he wanted one, he’d have to order it from a dealer like everyone else. The current Polaris situation is not unusual and is well accepted in the manufacturing business.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
It’s because all those greedy Polaris employees are gobbling them up....UpDork1.7 is on his way there to fire all of them!!!!🤣🤣
You have lost it. You must know some of these poor employees who can't get a 2022 this year and have to ride that leftover 2021. Should we start a GoFundMe page so they can snow check one themselves?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I don't care what the rest of you guys think and if you think I'm out of my mind that's cool too. I agree with AL CZERVICK.

How many people work for Polaris? How many actually were really wanting to get a 2022 sled. I'm guessing they have Polaris deals for UTV's, ATV's and all kinds of other Polaris products. So I doubt there's an ultimately huge # of employees that wanted to order 2022's that were told they couldn't? For the guy that already has a 2021 Matryx maybe it isn't a huge deal breaker for him but it is still one of his benefits as an employee that was taken away so sure I'd be pissed and bitching about it. But lets speak for the guy that is still riding an older Pro series or wearing out his Axys and this was the year he wanted to upgrade and get his 1st Matryx? I'd be fucking bent and my moral would go down the shitter. I gotta flip the chair and say right back to you guys that think I'm off my rocker that it is you that must be thinking of yourself and the need of customers being more important than employees. I run my business and try to make sure my guys are taken care of. You don't get great hard working employees by telling them they need to suck it up and get over it by fucking them out of their benefits so the company can have a banner year. Like I said, I doubt most employees much cared because I bet a small percentage were actually lining up for buying new Matryx sleds this year that got screwed.

Moral of my point is that you don't screw your hard working employees by fucking them out of benefits. It may not be a big benefit for one guy that's there only for the paycheck but the next guy there might actually work there because this is the best benefit of working there. You don't think Polaris isn't raking fucking cake making money hand over fist?

Why is there a need to pull the employee benefit? Polaris is fucking killing it with sales you dam fools. You think these are hard times for them? Get a clue. "But Yeah, I'm out of my mind???"
I understand that it would be frustrating but if an employee doesn't understand that this is an unusual year given potential part shortages then I don't know what to tell you. The customer has to come first in this case. And if the perk comes back next year then they should totally understand. And its the companies (Polaris) job to make sure employee moral is high. This can be accomplished in many other ways.

Dealers likely have a bigger grip. They don't get demo's this year and if they want to ride a 2022 they have to snowcheck it themselves. Which means pay in full. In some cases......a family run dealership that always has demo sleds that can be a hefty chunk of money they need to put up to ride this year.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
You have lost it. You must know some of these poor employees who can't get a 2022 this year and have to ride that leftover 2021. Should we start a GoFundMe page so they can snow check one themselves?
Not the point and lame deflection and I don’t know anybody that works at Polaris but apparently you think it’s OK for them to lose a work benefit....selfish and fucked up way to think.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts

I would be more worried about having a job for the long term, health and dental benefits, and a 401k vs having a sled for a season. And, in the end if it bothered me that much I couldn’t sleep I would search for new opportunities to apply my talents. Any ways, I’m sure they will get reimbursed in a different form.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
maybe polaris could/did present it to them as what it was. they needed to keep up with demand , and employee sleds are postponed. but maybe if it came with an incentive for a bigger discount, customization, or some sort of exclusive model next year it may be tolerable. i have been working in car dealers for 36 years , and have dealt with it all. sometimes the situation would make things understandable. like right now if i wanted a denali and we only had 2 , i would not expect to get one. too hot of a truck to not allow them to get the big money. but they would not forget , and would come through when it was possible. other things, like the time we were asked what size turkey we wanted for thanksgiving. we got a fresh one every year for the 17 years i was there. so the day before thanksgiving no turkeys. i asked what happened and they said "oh, no turkeys this year, sorry" . i typically would not care, but now i need to find a fresh not frozen turkey the night before thanksgiving , and they asked what size i wanted . year 18 there was my last, but for way more than the turkey thing.

·
Registered
Matryx Assault 850 and Fully Loaded Titan Beast
2,093 Posts
I understand that it would be frustrating but if an employee doesn't understand that this is an unusual year given potential part shortages then I don't know what to tell you. The customer has to come first in this case. And if the perk comes back next year then they should totally understand. And its the companies (Polaris) job to make sure employee moral is high. This can be accomplished in many other ways.

Dealers likely have a bigger grip. They don't get demo's this year and if they want to ride a 2022 they have to snowcheck it themselves. Which means pay in full. In some cases......a family run dealership that always has demo sleds that can be a hefty chunk of money they need to put up to ride this year.
I realize this is an unusual year and that there are supply chain issues. I'll ask this not to just you but to anyone that can give me real facts... Has Polaris suffered from a drop in sales in on 2021's? Or has their SnowCheck program been below target for 2022's? If there has indeed been hardship from a lack of sales then I would be willing to retract my statements. Maybe I'm wrong but I think Polaris is killing it and sales have been up? Not 100% sure on this but it sure seems like what I'm seeing?

I would be more worried about having a job for the long term, health and dental benefits, and a 401k vs having a sled for a season. And, in the end if it bothered me that much I couldn’t sleep I would search for new opportunities to apply my talents. Any ways, I’m sure they will get reimbursed in a different form.
I'd question anybody being overly worried about having a job in today's job market? I know there's a lot of people choosing to sit on the couch collecting unemployment with all the bonus bucks and stimulus money but I don't believe finding a job to be a huge problem today for "Most" people. Companies big and small are crying for help and one of the biggest problems right now in this country is finding help. Wages are up and job opportunities are plentiful.

If Polaris employees are being reimbursed in a different way then that's great. I haven't heard of it and I don't think that anybody here has mentioned it either? Maybe they are being taken care of and if they are I'd again retract my statements that is a low blow to take away that benefit that they usually have had? I certainly hope they do get some kind of perk or bonus for what they have had to take on the chin.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Think it just affects a fraction of their employees. The way I understand it is they have the option of leasing any of their product line. So a lot lease atv’s/Indian cycles/etc.

181 - 200 of 270 Posts