Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Polaris 800 SB - - 2015 Polaris 600 SB Adventure Snow Check
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed this on the build page for the VR1 and XCR.

Limited Quantity.JPG

·
Registered
100 Posts
I put my 500 down this morning and got confirmation letter from Polaris on XCR. My dealer did not know anything about them cutting off sales yet.

·
Registered
206 Posts
That could be done to entice people to buy so they don't lose out but Polaris could also have some soft limits to ensure they can deliver. It doesn't look like 2021 is going to be much different than 2020 from a supply chain standpoint and Polaris wants to under promise and over deliver.

·
Registered
20,620 Posts
Will never see it say sold out or hear stories of someone not being able to order one. They same thing was said on the 850s. Everyone that wanted to order one ordered one

·
Registered
2022 Polaris Switchback Assault 850, 146" with all the fixin's on order!
501 Posts
Late last week, I had one dealer here in Maine say his Polaris Rep. was cautioning about not waiting too long on the snowchecks, for fear of running out of allocations on certain models.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
It could also be possible. They made adjustment internally or externally to provide based on the demand. Or it could be a scam. Who knows.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
one of my local dealers said on monday no more xcr orders from him,. ordered from another today.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Hmmm. I finalized mine today (thought it was already done ) and got an email confirmation right back.

·
Registered
396 Posts
My dealer sent an email yesterday saying they were warned about possible cutoff. I locked in my VR1 650 today.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Just my opinion and a little bit of conspiracy theory thrown in.

Polaris had a hard time delivering units on schedule last year.( They had to pay out a lot of "promise bucks! ) plus they had a HUGE issue getting shocks from their ONE shock supplier.

Fast forward to one year later....... They have two shock suppliers now and there is talk about limiting sales.

All in all it makes sense to me.

They know based on their performance from last season and the current employees they have, approximately how many units they can make, and how much raw inventory they have to order to make those units.

It might just be an internet myth, who knows, but as they say there's always some speck of Truth in every rumor.............

Personally, I got my order in so I'm not worried. 59 years old and my first time ever snow checking a snowmobile.......... And I've been riding since my late twenties.........

·
Registered
396 Posts
There is a massive semiconductor shortage that's affecting all of the automobile manufacturers right now. Some are saying 6-8 months for orders. I could see this being an issue for Polaris as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is their any sled component that would be exclusive to a snow check sled that would also not be used somewhere in the rest of their product line for dealer fall inventory? (Not including 850 turbos) If they had to, they could pull component stock from their "routine" production allocation to fill spring orders. In that scenario new sled inventory at dealers is going to lessen or maybe close to non-existent for certain models.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Just my opinion and a little bit of conspiracy theory thrown in.

Polaris had a hard time delivering units on schedule last year.( They had to pay out a lot of "promise bucks! ) plus they had a HUGE issue getting shocks from their ONE shock supplier.

Fast forward to one year later....... They have two shock suppliers now and there is talk about limiting sales.

All in all it makes sense to me.

They know based on their performance from last season and the current employees they have, approximately how many units they can make, and how much raw inventory they have to order to make those units.

It might just be an internet myth, who knows, but as they say there's always some speck of Truth in every rumor.............

Personally, I got my order in so I'm not worried. 59 years old and my first time ever snow checking a snowmobile.......... And I've been riding since my late twenties.........
I think your giving Polaris to much credit. They are big business that needs to keep investors happy. They will sell as many sled as they can and then figure a way to build them. They would rather disappoint us in December then now by limiting orders.

1 - 20 of 270 Posts