Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 60 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
like i said in my earlier post the 10 day forecast keeps changing and looks like is changing again. but in are favor .just hope keeps going are way. there calling for mid 40's saturday with showers with a 1 to 3 inches of snow !! and 5 to 8 for sunday ! my self and every other DIE HARD hardcore sledder is hope the cold front moves in earlier for a quick change over to all snow !! will wait and see what gade says

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Well looks like it changed again at least for northern NH to monsoon rain
Well I'm gonna get out for another run on these shitty trails as after the Monsoon and 50 degree we will surely be back to zero for a while. I never heard the great forecast that you heard but it did get me excited for about 30 seconds. Oh well, Mother Nature can be a Bitch!! I have to laugh... Before Winter started all the hype was to buckle up for a long Cold Winter. SUCH A CROCK OF SHIT!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Well I'm gonna get out for another run on these shitty trails as after the Monsoon and 50 degree we will surely be back to zero for a while. I never heard the great forecast that you heard but it did get me excited for about 30 seconds. Oh well, Mother Nature can be a Bitch!! I have to laugh... Before Winter started all the hype was to buckle up for a long Cold Winter. SUCH A CROCK OF SHIT!!
Yeah, unfortunately, what'll prolly happen is that we'll get the snow and cold late in February and it'll go through early April but people (and clubs) start winding down after the first week of March and all of it is wasted.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I'm keeping the faith for now. Seeing others predicting decent snow after the rain. Been snowing a little bit in Greenville most days. Hopefully clubs can do what they can in the cold Friday and withstand a little water then freeze up and get a decent drop.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
It’s supposed to be 58* here Saturday. I may have to fire up the supermoto and hit the pavement for a few hours lol. WTF.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately, what'll prolly happen is that we'll get the snow and cold late in February and it'll go through early April but people (and clubs) start winding down after the first week of March and all of it is wasted.
See this end of season scenario every year, don't we.
With every week that Winter passes us by in the meat of the season this year we get closer to the day grooming ceases in Mid March.

We can survive the lack of snow with the 1-3" storms we have been getting but the 50 degrees and heavy rain will bring us back to zero with the weak base we have going. Just like the last heavy rain event a few weeks back. Just can't win this year??? WTF.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This is becoming most depressing. Fully expected to be riding by this weekend and no riding in sight. This is the only activity so totally dependent on the whims of Mother nature. She can be such a cruel mistress. :wall:

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Well, it does suck for sure. I'm just hoping this sundays ice and Snow event is a lot more snow than ice. The last thing we need is another ice storm to take power at places throughout the state as well as knock trees and limbs down throughout the trail system.
That would really suck.

Sent via my US Cellular rotary dial device.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well, it does suck for sure. I'm just hoping this sundays ice and Snow event is a lot more snow than ice. The last thing we need is another ice storm to take power at places throughout the state as well as knock trees and limbs down throughout the trail system.
That would really suck.

No argument there my friend. As much as we all want snow for reasons of having fun an ice storm would be awful and not just for the trails. Major disruptions in day to day life. Doing the snow dance and fingers crossed.

·
Registered
924 Posts
We got spoiled last year for sure. 14 weekends in a row I road the hills in Maine. But not looking like this year. Both the trail an off trail guys are going to struggle at least until Feb if it sh_t doesnt change. I know a lot of the guys count on Maine / local riding and that's all they pretty much have due to family and stuff. I'm lucky I am able to travel. Do I like it spending 10 hrs in the truck one way to get north? Fu_k no, but it sure looks like that's what its going to take at least for the next month. I hate to say it but the Gaspe' Express is starting to warm up. This 50 degree Saturday aint what the doctor ordered and even if we get snow on the back end I don't see anything better for conditions than whats up there now. We have all seen winters like this, and nobody that's in the sport likes em that's for sure. I'm not generally one to complain, but fu_k the mother nature bitch, Ill head north as far as I have to. I buy a new sled every year and Im beginning to think a couple trips west each year to ride might be the better option as far as expenses are concerned the way this year is shaping up.

Hopefully things change soon, regardless its going to be a shorter year this year than past years for most of us for sure. When it does snow, guys better make plans to drop everything and go.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Unfortunately, for me right now I am w/o a job so going to Canada in early February isn't looking too good ($$$ wise). I have a place in Rangeley booked (and paid for) the 1st week of March so that may be my only excursion this year other than the SnoDeo (which again, was paid for *before* I got laid off. If I can't get to snow in 3 or 4 hours then I won't be snowmobiling much this year. Usually, when this type on Winter hits, I'm Quebec bound.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
That would really suck.

Yep! But I'll still take ice over rain. I'm debating what to do this weekend. If I go to Milli, I'm solo and if it rains on Sat. then turns to snow just in time for the drive home....What to do???

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Yep! But I'll still take ice over rain. I'm debating what to do this weekend. If I go to Milli, I'm solo and if it rains on Sat. then turns to snow just in time for the drive home....What to do???
I hear ya...
I just don't want to drive back on ice rds on Sunday

41 - 60 of 113 Posts