Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have somewhat of a problem, my front end just wants to come up all the time. Fun sometimes but not always: ) I have 2000 ZR600LE with fox clickers shocks and a dial adjust. Sled does have a clutch kit, breather and reeds. When she hooks up, up comes the front end. Any suggestions? And for some reason the sled steers hard for being so light up front.
Thanks for any help
Steve in Ct

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Before adding the coupling kit mentioned by Marc you my want to try a few simple set-up changes which may reduce, but not eliminate your excess ske lift situation. Try these one at a time to reduce weight transfer.

1) move the rear spring cams to a higher setting. This will decrease the rear suspension compression somewhat.

2) move the rear suspension arm and the cross-shaft in front of it back one hole each. This will stiffen the ride as well. If you chose to add a BOIVIN coupling kit later this change is advise in there directions as well.

Adding a coupling kit will reduce weight transfer significantly and improve the sleds trail riding manners by eliminating the big ski lift and reducing inside ski lift when cornering. It does however reduce rearward weight transfer/ hook-up thus being deteramental for drag racing applications where maximum traction for straight line acceleration is critical.

·
Registered
109 Posts
After having a ZRT 600 and a ZR 600 that weren't coupled, my new ZR 900 is coupled. The first time I blipped the throttle I expected the front end to come up fairly easily. But, to my surprise, it hardly left the ground. That coupling makes a huge difference. My limiter straps are loose, and it still handles great. I expected that with 192 studs and the stock carbides, it would push pretty bad in turns, but it handled great. I can't explain it, but I like it! :D

·
Registered
754 Posts
some thing you can also try is to change the rear springs stiffer and or change the front under cariage sprinr to 0604-125-- is a 220 lbs center spring.this help my sled later i revalve my rear shock.
sno_pro_ 500

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
shorten up your front limiter straps just get all the slack out of them on level ground

1 - 6 of 6 Posts