Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Libertylover I saw your post on your company business and how some people are never going to be pleased after a comment by Lakelodge and I was curious if you were happy with your Fusion? Have you had any problems?
I'm not looking to bash you but curious about your take on the Fusion, it's resale and other issues. :div20:

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Originally posted by 16 lake lodge@Aug 27 2005, 07:08 PM
Bagger, his reply is a perfect example that I'm wasting my time being on this forum!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=850175
[/quote]

But you still keep coming back. And why?? So you can light the same fuse over and over.

My personable experiance's have been good. I volunteer alot a time working the snowshows around Minnesota to help promote MnUSA(minnesota united snowmobilers association). which gives me a chance to speak to alot of sledders. And the positive reports on the Fusion outweigh the negative. As lodger seems to be the spokesperson for the problemed Fusions, I would think I'm trying to represent the people who seem to like what they got.

As far as resale, that's out of my control. There's way to many contributing factors that play a role in that department.

So if you think your wasting your time lodger on this forum, bail out. For it seems that's what your good at doing.

·
Premium Member
‘21 Indy 600 SP 137 & 2015 RMK 155 LE
25,367 Posts
$7600 otd for an 05 900 fusion at the snow show yesterday.
$9100 otd for an 06. I still don't think i'm buying an 05. :cn:

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Originally posted by sayatodaU.P.eh?@Aug 28 2005, 06:58 AM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=850457
[/quote]

If you choose the '06, which powerplant?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Trade or not... My 06 9 was about $400 less than what I paid for my 05 9.

$4000 - $4500 trade in values were the norm a few months ago for 05 9's!!! Real disappointing when only a few months prior I sold an 02 XC7 with 4X the mileage for $3700.

Luckily, I found a reasonable "out" with a new dealer.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Liberty I used to be a Pol man for 13 years but after the same 800 motor for 02 and 03 I wasn't going to buy an 04 with the same motor that was in my last two sleds so I bought a ZR9. In 05 I was hoping to buy a Fusion but the weight of the sled turned me off plus I have questions about Pol's commitment to sledding so I passed and watched how things played out. Kevin(lakelodge) has been an internet friend for quite a few years and a pure Polaris man for a long time. He rushed down an put his hard earned dollars down on the sled he had been waiting for since 02 when he had bought the 800. What did he get?

A sled that burned down how many times?
Horrible gas mileage.
A ride that he doesn't care for.
And worse of all in my book............Polaris dumping the 05's that they had and Fusion owners whom had problems like Lakelodge are left with a sled they have zero confidence in that's not worth 50% of what he paid for it.

Liberty I thank you for responding and I think it's great you are active in your area with snowmobiling but Lakelodge has 10,000 reasons to spew his thoughts on his Fusion and you shouldn't blame him for being sour...........you should blame Polaris for not buying back his abortion!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Every Fusion owner did the same thing Lodge did. Invest in a machine that they had great expectations of. Some fell short, others didn't. All I can say to Lodge is, good luck to whatever he decides to do with his '05. But don't rain on everybody elses parade when they have any comments or suggestions on what there trying to relay to other Fusion owners.

Can anybody say they have been 100% satisfied with everything they have purchased in life.

Lodge, if you keep shoving your complaints down Polaris's throats, they will respond. And I'm sure there has been no lack of trying on your part. The Fusion owners that I have spoken to said, Polaris did address there problems. Can't figure out why they would treat you any differently.

·
Premium Member
25,367 Posts
Originally posted by LibertyLover@Aug 28 2005, 09:27 AM
If you choose the '06, which powerplant?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=850484
[/quote]

correction. i found an 05 9 over at nelsons today with 6 miles on it
for $7100 out the door. it was a red one though.

the $9100 06 was a 900. not sure what i am going to buy yet.
my dealer in saginaw quoted me $8900 for a 06 900 otd but
he REALLY wants me to buy his leftover 05.

man, for almost $2g less i can have damn near the same sled.
i know, i know, there were alot of them that had problems[numorus]
but jesus, can they really be THAT bad :dunno:

makes me feel like doing this :banghead:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
When you say problems do you mean the recalls? Because if that dealer is selling you that sled I would hope the problems have been fixed because well if they aren't he better get to it because thats would be horrible to sell a sled to a customer that you know has a problem with it.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Originally posted by sayatodaU.P.eh?@Aug 28 2005, 11:57 AM
correction. i found an 05 9 over at nelsons today with 6 miles on it
for $7100 out the door. it was a red one though.

the $9100 06 was a 900. not sure what i am going to buy yet.
my dealer in saginaw quoted me $8900 for a 06 900 otd but
he REALLY wants me to buy his leftover 05.

makes me feel like doing this :banghead:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=850744
[/quote]

What's been the feedback at your dealer on the '05's. If what you hear from there point of view is good,then the '05 would be a good deal. I would talk to the techs that work at your dealer and let them give you a rundown on your concerns about the Fusion. Good luck on your decision.

·
Premium Member
25,367 Posts
Originally posted by LibertyLover@Aug 28 2005, 02:11 PM
What's been the feedback at your dealer on the '05's. If what you hear  from there point of view is good,then the '05 would be a good deal. I would talk to the techs that work at your dealer and let them give you a rundown on your concerns about the Fusion. Good luck on your decision.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=850760
[/quote]
well, lets just put it this way, he only ordered 2 06 900's so he wouldn't
have many sitting around. of course, he still has both of his 05's too
[1 50th and 1 regular]so he is not all to thrilled about them. they are
a new dealer for the area. they just opened back last fall.

·
Premium Member
25,367 Posts
Originally posted by braaap11889@Aug 28 2005, 02:09 PM
When you say problems do you mean the recalls? Because if that dealer is selling you that sled I would hope the problems have been fixed because well if they aren't he better get to it because thats would be horrible to sell a sled to a customer that you know has a problem with it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=850758
[/quote]
no no. both of his 05's are late builds[missed the driveshaft recall]and
all updates have been done.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Originally posted by sayatodaU.P.eh?@Aug 28 2005, 12:57 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=850744
[/quote]

Depends on what's important to you, consider this.

An 05 9 will have every update known since it was first assembled, you'll ensure that and you're guaranteed at least a season with Polaris warranty support. This leaves a few differences between the 05/06, things like.

- Different chaincase, lowered drive axle, better belt pull and consequently a better track profile.

- Four fuel injectors

- Lighter flywheel

- Bunch of other "nonessential but newer updates" things like a different kind of rivet here or an elimination of a part there.

- Graphics

If the list above doesn't concern you, then there's nothing wrong with the 05 900... The only thing I can think of that you'd need to make it a perfectly viable sled is some sort of supplimental engine torque stop. A "trail rider" will see little difference between the 05 and 06.

Personally, I had a hard time giving up my 05... But the whole track/drivetrain/belt pull thing is what made me give in... That was one retrofit that while not impossible to do, it just isn't worth the effort IMO. The engine stuff is no biggie, an extra couple of injectors and a lighter flywheel? Nothing was particularly wrong with the 05 engines, getting power to the snow was another story.

·
Premium Member
25,367 Posts
what about the frt suspension changes? i have been told that along
with the spindles the whole frt geometry was changed :dunno:

yeah, the driveline changes along with the frt suspension changes have
me heavly leaning 06. but god damn, $1500 at this point is like having
a double down payment. i want this thing paid for in 3 years or less.

even little things like having the column adjust area covered at all times
so no snow gets down in there are things i like. i don't really care for
the chaincase sticking down into the right side foot well on the 06 though
niether.

see what i'm saying......... :banghead:

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Wish I could take an '06 out for a run and see what the changes have done. From what I hear, pushing was the big issue as to why they changed the spindle geometry. Once I dialed my '05 in for the type of riding I do, works better than my edge set ups.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I never rode an 05 or an 06 long enough to be able to tell the differences. I did notice less vibration at lower rpms on the 06 but other than that if you never told me which one was which and I rode them for the 20 miles I did couldn't tell you the difference.

2,329 Posts
Originally posted by sayatodaU.P.eh?@Aug 28 2005, 07:58 AM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=850457
[/quote]
the things i would be concerned with for the 05's are, poor belt life, poor fuel economy & not as much topend speed as other makes.I still had all these problems even after all updates. overall the sled had great potential but i'd say go for the 06, hopefully they'll have most off the bugs worked out. :div20:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts