Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a letter today from cat that said, All F5 and F7 and Mountain Cat 900 and all snopros L/C and fan have to loud of exhaust. It says your suppose to go to you dealer and order a sound reduction update kit. It says these sleds dont comply with the sound level requirments of the Snowmobile Safety and Certification Committee. (SSCC). What's this all about, i put a silencer on mine because i thought is was not loud enough.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
You put a silencer on your sled because it wasn't loud enough?? What advantage do you get by making it louder?? Maybe you haven't yet realized that high exhaust sound levels are NOT what we need in our sport. If you ride on your own property then go ahead and pi$$ off your neighbors but if you ride on public trails, then you are pi$$ing off the landowners and homeowners who ALLOW the trail to go thru their property. JMO.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
I would like to know what pieces or parts are included in this sound reduction kit????What does it insist of thanx scott

·
Registered
330 Posts
I concur completely with Gunner, Jamie and AG. Noise and tresspassing are the two greatest threats to our sport. Many trail routes are very fragile and most people who ride them don't even know it.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put it on just to piss people like you guys off. ha ha. This site is a shame you post some info to help people and all you do is get bashed. WOW

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Thanks for your so called help. You want to do me a favor? Take off the stupid mental horseposer silencer so we can all enjoy our sport before its totally ruined. :angry:

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
just got my letter today :angry: well i guess i have to load it up and take it to the dealer AGAIN !!!!!!!! you know the rev is starting to look better all the time ?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Has anyone actually weighed an F7 after all the updates??LOL
Not to say the Fcat won't be a great sled next year but due to LACK of customer service from AC and for letting US the CONSUMER be the test pilot of the FCat I will be buying a Rev Renagade next year.

·
Registered
720 Posts
My sled is at the dealer today, because my pull rope is stuck in the out position. It won't wind back in.

He didn't say anything about it, and I will be damned if I am going to bring my sled back again for an update because it is too loud.

People will just have to deal with the sound. Besides, what is it a whole decible over the limit.

PLEASE!!!! :p

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Those so called "silencers" are a joke. They sound fake and are just plain ridiculous. It is like the old cherry bomb mufflers. Guys who have a little penis put them on so they could try and sound cool. For the rest of us, we built our engines right and don't need the fake sound. We always cross the quarter mile line first.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
I absolutely agree that making sleds louder is not only annoying to other people, but also bad for your ears. You are only going to anger non sledders and those whose property you ride over. Granted, being in the woods in winter is a lot different than sharing a lake with other boaters and lakeshore owners, but just look at how pissed off property owners are trying to limit jet-ski use, and downright ban them if possible, partially due to reckless driving but in large part due to noise. By the way, why in the hell would anyone want their sled louder. After being out on a sled for 4+ hours, the damn engine noise gets incredibly annoying, even on stock sleds. On top of that, if you're in a big group the exhaust fumes make you wanna pass out. It just plain hurts your ears, which is not good. Maybe I really do need a 4 stroke. The only thing that is better when it is loud is music. Preferrably on a fender guitar, or U2 on the theater system. thanks

1 - 20 of 124 Posts