Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how trail 23 is north or south, staying in L Etape this weekend and wondering what we are in for. I do not hear much about this area other than the snow survived the last weeks warm up. I'm assuming they got more snow this past Monday. thanks

·
Registered
776 Posts
Anyone know how trail 23 is north or south, staying in L Etape this weekend and wondering what we are in for. I do not hear much about this area other than the snow survived the last weeks warm up. I'm assuming they got more snow this past Monday. thanks[/b]
They got 8 inches of snow on monday.

·
Registered
656 Posts
we were just there today on our way up to mont valin. We did about 50 miles. We first headed south on 23 and there is a number of logging roads open and we turned around. Not counting the roads it was pretty good going but as we knew we had to head back the same way and did not want to ruin new carbides. We then headed north on 23 and only went as far as the 369 turn off. it was not as good as south.

So to answer your question it a good little run if you are on your way farther north but not on its own.

G

·
Your there for how many days? Hope your only starting your run there...
The 23 runs thrue there... no problem with that... you'll be able to come to Lac-Saint-Jean and Saguenay. All the trails are presently getting groomed all over our region. You'll probably be able to get to Mont Valin.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WE ARE STAYING THERE FOR THREE NIGHTS, BUT WE ARE OPEN TO TRAILERING FURTHER UP IF WE HAVE TOO. I CAN SEE FROM THE TRAILS THAT A LOOP OUT OF THERE WOULD BE A VERY LONG DAY. I GET THE FEELING WE WILL BE SEEING ALOT OF TRAIL 23. ON SUNDAY WE MIGHT GET ON THE ROAD EARLY AND HEAD NORTH WITH THE TRAILER AND RIDE THE OTHER SIDE OF THE RIVER. THIS IS OUR FIRST TIME AND WE HAVE TWO DAY OF RIDDING. WE ARE NOT AFRAID TO SPEND 12 HRS ON THE SLEDS EACH DAY. 200-300 MILE DAYS ARE NORMAL RIDDING DAYS FOR US.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.