Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the sled HAVE to be running to go through the gauge functions? I remember sleds at the show having little 12v batteries powering them for display. Any one know where you would have to hook it up? I'd hate to have to have the sled running for the whole time to learn how to work the gauge.

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,148 Posts
been thinking that myself, real problem is no wiring diagram for the Fuse 6 yet

·
Registered
484 Posts
Originally posted by racerdave@Sep 23 2005, 09:47 PM
been thinking that myself, real problem is no wiring diagram for the Fuse 6 yet
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=889512
[/quote]

Two quick ways to get into the power system and add 12v to power it would be the wiring harness for the starter and related battery or open the consol and plug in the LCD harness, obviously a multi tester would be a good idea in either location before committing a hookup. I found hookup points but lost interest.

The reality is there was never much worth "flipping" through while riding for me... There's 3 basic functions (screens) and 2-4 settings for each one... Up changes screens down changes the view, if I recall.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Come on guys you act like it's like taking a computer course. Read the manual so you know how to run it then start it up and try it. Just don't find yourself looking at the features when your going down the trail, almost got into the woods a couple of times last year checking the outside temp or max mph and stuff. The gauges are great to have :div20:

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,148 Posts
it would be nice to see your odometer without having to start up the motor

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,145 Posts
Originally posted by Pol900@Sep 25 2005, 05:22 AM
I'm putting electric start in mine, hopefully that will light up the gauges when it's not running
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=891081
[/quote]
Nope.

Yamaha has got some sequence that will activate the gauge, (all their 4 strokes have a battery of course) with the engine off, but I do not believe Polaris does.

Dealers use a special harness, to display gauge functions without engine running, but the hourmeter is also running.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts