Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Hi NoviceRider,, I believe your sled is a 1997 Venture XL 500, as it's a 2 stroke. That said there is an Exhaust Donut between the header Y pipe and exhaust pipe and it can be replaced it is Yamaha part number 8CA-14714-00-00. There is also a BRASS Ring that goes between the Exhaust end pipe and the Silencer/Muffler box I would replace that as well it is Yamaha part number 8CH-14633-00-00
Good luck
Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where did you find out the part number information? I have the manual and the service manual and they dont have part numbers on either lol. But I did find a diagram of the exhaust system and there is a gasket that probably needs replacement. The sled is a 2007 venture 50 XLW .

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I'm confused, your pictures shows a 2 stroke exhaust system (which it would have been in 1997) and in 2007 Yamaha offered no 2 stroke snowmobiles? Are you sure of the model year? as the pictures vs a 2007 Yamaha do not match. You'd be best to get your VIN number and talk to a local Yamaha dealer they can set you up with the correct model year as well as confirm the part numbers you need for your exhaust.
Cheers

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
I'm confused, your pictures shows a 2 stroke exhaust system (which it would have been in 1997) and in 2007 Yamaha offered no 2 stroke snowmobiles? Are you sure of the model year? as the pictures vs a 2007 Yamaha do not match. You'd be best to get your VIN number and talk to a local Yamaha dealer they can set you up with the correct model year as well as confirm the part numbers you need for your exhaust.
Cheers
Yamaha produced those sleds in non U.S. versions in 07 and still produces a 2stroke vk540 in non U.S. markets today.

Im guessing the OP is in a Euro country

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Where did you find out the part number information? I have the manual and the service manual and they dont have part numbers on either lol. But I did find a diagram of the exhaust system and there is a gasket that probably needs replacement. The sled is a 2007 venture 50 XLW .
Yamaha produced those sleds in non U.S. versions in 07 and still produces a 2stroke vk540 in non U.S. markets today.

Im guessing the OP is in a Euro country
Thanks SleepingDragon,,
NoviceRider where are you located? That might shed some light on it, sorry I assumed you where in North America.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Novicerider take a picture of the entire motor compartment so we can see the entire motor and exhaust system as it sure looks like a 2 stroke which would mean its not a 2007 model year. We're trying to help but the year and the exhaust don't seem to match. Did you check your VIN number vs ownership to see what year is on that?
Cheers

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I hope this picture helps.
Based on the picture I would say it's a 1999 Venture 500 2 stroke fan cooled. That would mean you only need the Y Pipe to Exhaust pipe donut/ gasket, its part number 8AB-14714-01-00.

Man that sled is clean,, nice axe too. Its a simple fix just google the part number and you will see where it goes between the Y pipe and Exhaust pipe. Cheers man.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts