Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys it's time to get ambitious, creative or complacent. I was talking to the mechanic at my dealer today about the grease nipple for the steering post(on side of bulkhead by right A-arm) leaking. I showed him before so he could take some pics to send to Cat. He's talked to them and all they would say is they know of a few machines with this problem and there is nothing they can do/will do about it.
Apparently "only a small portion of the shaft will not get grease as the grease you do pump in will work it's way around inside". While this may be true, it's still kind of a lame answer. So either fix it yourself(not sure how, good luck!) or put up with it as Cat will not be doing anything about it. :wacko:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
flyingf7sp,

Thank you very much for following thru on your information and posting results. I agree, that is a very poor answer on Arctic Cats part. The interesting thing about their reply of: "only a small portion of the shaft will not get grease as the grease you do pump in will work it's way around inside"
is that the "small portion" of the shaft that isn't getting grease is the bearing that is in the top of the post..... :angry:
-John

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by flyingf7sp@Dec 31 2002, 03:40 AM
He's talked to them and all they would say is they know of a few machines with this problem and there is nothing they can do/will do about it.
Who did the mechanic talk to that gave him this response? Are you sure he talked to anyone? Marc

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I wasn't there when he called but I had my machine in a few days ago and while I was there he took a couple pictures to send Cat. Also it took about 5-6 days to get an answer back so that sounds about right for Cat! :p

I don't really think he would lie about it, haven't ever had a prob with the guy in the past.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts