Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is only the three time I had the F5 snopro out this year.
Last week my son took the sled out and when I was cleaning the snowmobile (as I always do) I seen black oil every where, I figured it was because of the premix still in the fuel tank.
So, I got a bottle of WD40 sprayed the entire engine (except for the clutch, of course) and got the engine looking like show room condition again.
When I took it out today the same thing happen (there was no premix in the fuel tank) maybe even worse!
The oil pump alignment mark is right on, jetting is setup for 0-5000' using APV oil (syn) I even put on RTV around the exhaust donut time before last - that just blew off.
could the dealership of gave me the wrong exhaust donut ?
The plugs are dark brown - could'nt see piston wash (never could)
Do you think it's the oil ?
Anyways I am bringing it to the dealership to have them look at it - I never had a sled throw oil like this ?????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
530 Posts
no no where it is coming from is where your pipe and your y pipe meet there is a graphite gasket and it doesnt seal off 100% so get some hi temp silicone and put a bead around it and for extra protection wrap foil around it to keep sludge from splattering all over.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts