Hardcore Sledder banner

Laurel Highlands 2018-2019

12K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  fredsleds 
#1 ·
Let's get the new thread started. Did some great trail and field riding today. An awesome start to the year!

#3 ·
what trails are legally open in PA now for sleds??
as far as I know NONE? so heads up?

I am just hoping this is actually a GOOD snow yr for PA period
been a while now since we had good snow for more than a few days at a time

be nice if what we got now just stays and builds up from here till late March !
but its raining here now and the foot of snow I had yesterday is almost gone minus piles from plowing?

#5 ·
Yep, and the web cams from the PSSA are there too. I'm working on getting the Marienville one back online now. Taking back yard pictures today. Should be back at the location in Marienville over the weekend hopefully once the members get it mounted back up.

And still working on the club over in Northeast Pa (NEPA club) to get theirs back online too.

Steve

#9 ·
Rode both sides of 30 and to seven springs. Best snow conditions I've ridden there in a while. But there are a LOT of limbs and trees down. DCNR did a great job cutting out big trees that blocked main trails but the amount of low hanging limbs and limbs on the trails was substantial, especially on the trails nearest seven springs. It's going to take a good bit of work and time to completely open all trails.

#11 ·
I'm from SW PA, depening on exactly where you're from in MD, I'd take rt 40 to Farmington, then turn right on 381 just past Nemacolin. Go through Ohiopyle, past Falling Water until you're almost in Normalville. Turn right on Rt 653 an you'll come to a sled parking lot on you're right (7-9 mile on 653). From there you can head toward 7 Springs an all the Laurel Highlands trails or back towards Ohiopyle on some power-lines. Going away from 7 Springs can only be done if there's lots of snow.

Remember there is NO GAS on the LH trail system. You can get good food at 7 Springs at the Sporting Clays lodge.

#23 ·
Rode both sides of 30. Great conditions early afternoon over to the club. By late day, bare spots, water and ice. There's decent base if it makes it the next couple days but going to need a few inches.

#27 · (Edited)
Sufficiently disgusted enough that we're thinking of taking a trip up, only going to get 3 days of riding in but better than none. Thinking of staying around Christmas or Newberry, somewhere closer to the tip. Leave saturday and head back on Wednesday.

Reactions: stevem5215
#29 ·
last few yrs snow has been bad every where in a 14 hour drive of PA period IMO
MINUS some of the northern Canada providence's
and even there its not been normal

BUT don't worry guys, I'm about to sell my sled and bail on the sport for a yr or two, so next yr it will snow like mad here and every where else too LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.