Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Anybody riding????
My buddy just went up yesterday to our cabin to check on it since the cold weather, I’m waiting on a report.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Rode both sides of 30. Great conditions early afternoon over to the club. By late day, bare spots, water and ice. There's decent base if it makes it the next couple days but going to need a few inches.

·
HCS Ambassador
2014 ZR8000lxr 19-20 mileage = 904.5
3,951 Posts
More non existent snow - Loved the forecast last night - .1 inch accumulations lol

Steve just back from the UP riding! Was very nice last week. And they have REAL SNOW!

Snowmobiling Page by Steve M in Pittsburgh PA
Check out the pictures and tracklog from the ride there!

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
More non existent snow - Loved the forecast last night - .1 inch accumulations lol

Steve just back from the UP riding! Was very nice last week. And they have REAL SNOW!

Snowmobiling Page by Steve M in Pittsburgh PA
Check out the pictures and tracklog from the ride there!
Sufficiently disgusted enough that we're thinking of taking a trip up, only going to get 3 days of riding in but better than none. Thinking of staying around Christmas or Newberry, somewhere closer to the tip. Leave saturday and head back on Wednesday.

·
HCS Ambassador
2014 ZR8000lxr 19-20 mileage = 904.5
3,951 Posts
Truth is that this is turning into the new norm for around us in southern Pa. Those up by Erie have had better luck this year but not consistent either. The snow in the UP has been consistent. But I'd bet that March comes roaring in and kills their snow too. But for now if you can plan something. It's worth the drive to ride as you can see from my pictures. It's pretty deep up there off trail.

Steve

Sufficiently disgusted enough that we're thinking of taking a trip up, only going to get 3 days of riding in but better than none. Thinking of staying around Christmas or Newberry, somewhere closer to the tip. Leave saturday and head back on Wednesday.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
last few yrs snow has been bad every where in a 14 hour drive of PA period IMO
MINUS some of the northern Canada providence's
and even there its not been normal

BUT don't worry guys, I'm about to sell my sled and bail on the sport for a yr or two, so next yr it will snow like mad here and every where else too LOL

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Just wanted to put a shoutout to the state groomer at Babcock. You did a great job on the trails in the park, especially on Buffalo Road where the logging is. Trails were good to Timbuktu Grille.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Another awesome ride in northeast somerset county/babcock. Lots of miles going across the game lands to blue knob resort and a fresh 8 inches today. Thanks to the scagburner club for the grooming!

·
Administrator
2030 Arctic Cat 2500 - - 19-20 mileage-100,000
23,635 Posts
how are the trail conditions on the Southern section of the trails? Thinking about heading up there from MD maybe Saturday.
Not sure how the trails are, but Saturday they are saying almost 50*f and 60*f on Sunday with rain showers in the morning.

Click the link below and scroll down to the 10 day forecast.......

https://www.wtae.com/weather#weekend-forecast

·
Registered
100 Posts
FYI The trails are all groomed and pretty good riding Thanks DCNR Going out again today ;might be our last ride. Don't miss out

·
Registered
302 Posts
Rode Blue Hole loop last night. Very flat, some rocks and pebbles. Fairly good. Trails this afternoon looked pretty snirty from the road, all though guys in the Sporting Clays said not too bad. I doubt tomorrow will be much of an option.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts