Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came back from a 130 mile ride here in Quebec. The trails were still pretty good for this time of year but any roads that had to be crossed were bad. All the dirt roads were muddy so I'll be washing my F7 soon!! There is a lot of rain in the forecast here for the next 4 days. :( It is going to stay quite warm as well. If you are planning to ride in Quebec Rob you might want to go as soon as possible. Well, 1465 miles so far and I think that will be about it except for running the fields a little around home. :( :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm heading up tomorrow..be in Riviere du Loup tomorrow night. Just a little wet snow predicted up there for friday. Where are you located?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Quebec is a big place, around Montreal the season is just about done, in Gaspe they may make it till the end of April. I was in Matane two weeks ago and there was a minimum of 4 feet of snow. Did a nice ride last Friday afternoon, Montreal to St-Donat and back, 250 miles, 8 hour ride.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
you guy's are killing me with all this riding stuff all we got is rain :( well rob think you will make the 10k mark :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by rob@Mar 19 2003, 06:16 PM
I'm heading up tomorrow..be in Riviere du Loup tomorrow night. Just a little wet snow predicted up there for friday. Where are you located?
I'm located near Buckingham which is about an hour and a half from Mont Laurier by car. Let us know how the conditions were up there. :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'd love to head up to Quebec this weekend, but I think I would return to find the door locked and all my stuff in the front yard. Please! No more talk of snow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by greenrider@Mar 20 2003, 07:36 AM
Let us know how the conditions were up there. :D
Pleny of snpw..everything groomed..very few people still riding.
Yesterday was just super, today we woke up to rain so we headed back to the trucks. It was a cold rain though, and shouldn't hurt the trails too much. Depends on what the weather does next week, but I'm planning on at least one more trip :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Rob,
Slight chance I may go up this coming Wed night. Any suggestions for best chance of groomed riding,,, either Montmongy and go east??? or Quebec City and go north??
Thanks in advance.
Mike

·
Registered
721 Posts
ROB,HEADING UP TO ATIBITI-TEMASKAMING NEXT WEDNESDAY FOR LAST CALL!!!HOW MANY MILES ARE YOU UP TO THIS SEASON???? B) B)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by mikerider@Mar 21 2003, 08:47 PM
Rob,
Slight chance I may go up this coming Wed night. Any suggestions for best chance of groomed riding,,, either Montmongy and go east??? or Quebec City and go north??
Thanks in advance.
Mike
Mike... Either.

We met a crew that just got back from Gaspe this morning.. everything super, best of season. I was envious because I didn't get there this winter.. And I know that north of the river is good too. It is supposed to be warm, and maybe rain on tuesday, which would push it up.. But I'm sure there will be good riding either way, at least right now. Just maybe different starting points as things progress. I'm supposed to do a 2-dayer tues-weds to Jonquiere with Brian.. Stay tuned if that might be switched. You going alone or what? I just hate to stop this time of year :D

·
Registered
721 Posts
ROB,HEADING UP TO ATIBITI-TEMASKAMING NEXT WEDNESDAY FOR LAST CALL!!!HOW MANY MILES ARE YOU UP TO THIS SEASON???? B) B)

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Rob,
thanks for the trail info. Won't be alone if I go, at least one or two more are interested. I'll keep you posted if we do go, case you want to join us.
mike

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Rob,
One other question. Wondering if you ever met Mainer Ken Casey in your travels of Quebec? Usually drives a big Grand Touring Doo and circles the Gaspe all winter long. Last year he did over 10,000 miles. Can't miss him, has a big orange wooden box on the back of his sled. His trailer has a pic of a groomer on one side and a Boa Ski on the other. Goes by the name "Yellow Boots". One year he travelled across the country by sled, alone. He is one of the true 'HCS''s. He is 78 yrs old.
mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
yes, I have met "bottes jaunes" as they call him in Quebec. Saw him once at Relais 540. He was leading a big group and Brian and I past them and they later caught up as we were having a snack. He sure does ride slow to put on that many miles.. :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts