Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds like there's a few of us "disco-diesels" running the F7. We all know too well how it feels to drag race a little man, and have him beat you on his sled...and then beat you when you switch sleds too!

Let's talk about some large-and-in-charge set ups!

*Rear Springs--Are the Sno Pro springs adequate for meat eaters, or do we need a big boy update?

*Gearing--Hearing a lot of talk about gearing up a bit. Any big men try this yet? My opinion is that the taller gears might be a bit much for us "250 plus crowd." Any thoughts?

*Clutching--I have installed the Speedwerx kit and have been impressed. Basically it loads the motor down with heavier weights/stiffer primary spring and a bit more helix with a little tighter wind on the driven. In real world terms, I think it's good for a couple lengths in 1000'. Anyone else have any results?

*Snack Storage--Hey let's be honest, next to clutching and suspension calibration, trail snack storage has to be next, right? I'm not talking about some little cubby hole for a granola bar and a water either. Let's talk ample space for king-size Snickers, assorted goodies and of course--a Diet Coke. I have the Cat rear storage bag and think it is great. Not sure if I want it on all the time, but for touring or longer day shots, it's really nice. The windshield bag that Cat offers is also great. Good for a cell phone, an extra pair of goggles or a pair of gloves.

Got to get back to some high performance holiday snacking. Merry Christmas to all!

·
Registered
686 Posts
I ordered the heavy spring kit from the snowpro for my standard,stock standard spring,is the light weight kit for the snow pro model

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hey can I join?? I used to wiegh in a 220 so I have been on a diet for the past couple weeks and am proud to say I am down to 214........even over the holidays I have been laying off the high performance eating...LOL
Just a piece of info for you........We had a couple F7's out and one of my friends wieghs about 180 and another wieghs 240.......the F7 pulled harder with the 240 pound guy on....and I mean way harder. That was the only day we tried it but I tell you no lie.

·
Registered
416 Posts
265lbs brother! I added the ZL torsion spring guides at the bottom, this preoaded them alittle more. Did the trick! I've got my clutch kit and gears here from Dan, but I haven't had a chance or snow to test them. I'll let you know when I get them in. Save 3 King Size Snickers for me!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Got ya all beat here man, I go 6'4" and 300lbs. Standard green F7 with the 20% kit for springs and shocks. Unfortunately Ca don't spring them for over 225lbs but we'll get her to work. :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
You can but a trunk bag on this thing between the seat and tail lamp. Should have enough room for a small bucket of chicken :D

sorry not the best pic

call dan @ the outdoor shop
or
Click here to go to the TOS forum

they were $68 dollars shipped on sale with tax and shipping.

The Outdoor Shop Inc.
50 Long Pond Dr.
S. Yarmouth , MA 02664

508-394-3819

www.theoutdoorshopinc.com
[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts