Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how are the trails through out gaylord. might be heading up to lakes of the north tomorrow-monday, ive only been up there once this season just before the thaw and the trails were beat.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
According to my source right now they are great in all directions. All the way south to M-55 and all the way north to the big bridge. As far as this weekend, well it is MLK day monday so there will be many people off, which will lead to alot of traffic on the trails which will lead to bumps by noon. Hit the less traffic trails, meaning go east. The Lewistion/Atlanta loops are all groomed and are in perfect shape and they get half the traffic of the trails west of there.

·
Registered
2013 Turbo
3,818 Posts
I am heading up to Grayling this weekend, staying at the Ramada Inn. According to Sleadhead Pete, some Ohio snowmobile club is also staying there :wall: Whatever direction I see them head in on Sat a.m., I will head the other way. Probably going to head to Lovells, then up towards Lewiston. Sunday, I may try West, but we'll see.

Cheers!! :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
436 Posts
MSA has a trail stop where it crosses c38, hot food and drink, see other posts for exact details. east jordan snowmobile club will have there .fest with yamaha test demo rides-see other posts, radar runs at lakes of north air strip on saturday also, lots to doo this weekend

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info guys. there is now a winter storm watch thru sunday

Winter Storm Watch

/O.NEW.KAPX.WS.A.0002.080118T2100Z- 080120T1200Z/ EMMET-CHARLEVOIX- LEELANAU-ANTRIM-OTSEGO-BENZIE-GRAND TRAVERSE- KALKASKA-CRAWFORD-MANISTEE- WEXFORD- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF... PETOSKEY...CHARLEVOIX...NORTHPORT... MANCELONA...GAYLORD...FRANKFORT... TRAVERSE CITY...KALKASKA... GRAYLING... MANISTEE...CADILLAC 404 PM EST THU JAN 17 2008
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GAYLORD HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING.

AN ARCTIC COLD FRONT WILL SWEEP INTO THE AREA LATE FRIDAY AFTERNOON... USHERING IN THE COLDEST AIR OF THIS WINTER SEASON. SNOW WILL DEVELOP ALONG THE LAKE MICHIGAN SHORELINE FROM MANISTEE TOWARD PETOSKEY LATE IN THE DAY AND POSSIBLY BECOME HEAVY BY EARLY EVENING. AS THE FRONT MOVES THROUGH THE AREA...WINDS WILL SHIFT TO THE NORTHWEST AND LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL BECOME FOCUSED IN THE NORTHWEST FLOW FAVORED AREAS. THIS WOULD INCLUDE AREAS SUCH AS CHARLEVOIX...GAYLORD... MANCELONA AND BELLAIRE. THE LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL CONTINUE THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT. STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 12 INCHES WILL BE POSSIBLE BY SUNDAY MORNING...WITH THE HIGHEST AMOUNTS IN THE NORTHWEST FLOW FAVORED AREAS.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
thanks for the info guys. there is now a winter storm watch thru sunday

Winter Storm Watch

/O.NEW.KAPX.WS.A.0002.080118T2100Z- 080120T1200Z/ EMMET-CHARLEVOIX- LEELANAU-ANTRIM-OTSEGO-BENZIE-GRAND TRAVERSE- KALKASKA-CRAWFORD-MANISTEE- WEXFORD- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF... PETOSKEY...CHARLEVOIX...NORTHPORT... MANCELONA...GAYLORD...FRANKFORT... TRAVERSE CITY...KALKASKA... GRAYLING... MANISTEE...CADILLAC 404 PM EST THU JAN 17 2008
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GAYLORD HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING.

AN ARCTIC COLD FRONT WILL SWEEP INTO THE AREA LATE FRIDAY AFTERNOON... USHERING IN THE COLDEST AIR OF THIS WINTER SEASON. SNOW WILL DEVELOP ALONG THE LAKE MICHIGAN SHORELINE FROM MANISTEE TOWARD PETOSKEY LATE IN THE DAY AND POSSIBLY BECOME HEAVY BY EARLY EVENING. AS THE FRONT MOVES THROUGH THE AREA...WINDS WILL SHIFT TO THE NORTHWEST AND LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL BECOME FOCUSED IN THE NORTHWEST FLOW FAVORED AREAS. THIS WOULD INCLUDE AREAS SUCH AS CHARLEVOIX...GAYLORD... MANCELONA AND BELLAIRE. THE LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL CONTINUE THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT. STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 12 INCHES WILL BE POSSIBLE BY SUNDAY MORNING...WITH THE HIGHEST AMOUNTS IN THE NORTHWEST FLOW FAVORED AREAS.[/b]
6-12...Holy Chit!!! :frantics:
Be up next weekend!

·
Registered
715 Posts
In Mancelona, 2100, Thurs 17 Jan 2008 - it's snowing! Finally! They've been predicting it and it's finally snowing. Started up a couple hours ago. Not too heavy yet, but it's coming down steady. Check our Chamber's website for up to date trail conditions and weather conditions. The site is being re-constructed and only a few of the pages have been completed. Some new photos, including some of the ACSC group. Adding more as often as possible. Should be a great weekend for snowmobilers. Have a SAFE TRIP! Remember, we have some great restaurants along US 131 in Mancelona. From the south heading north, Shirley's Cafe, two pizza places (Papa K's and Pizza Shoppe), Silverback One, Mancelona McDonald's.... check out the Chamber website and the virtual business card directory - more info there. Once the snowmobile drag races start, we will put them on the snowmobile page. This is starting to sound like a commercial. Sorry. Just trying to be helpful! We welcome snowmobilers to Mancelona and are happy to have you visit. When you're in Mancy area and see a lady with a camera in hand, smile and say "SNOW COUNTRY!!" - you may be the next face featured on the website!!! Think snow!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Not really sure why all the schools are closed up here today - the sun is shining. Yeah, it's cold, but the roads are fine. Sounds like the bulk of the new snow won't hit until tonight. Your trails should be nice if you can tolerate the cold temps!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i dont mind the cold but i hope alot of other people do

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
See ya on the trails!! :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
715 Posts
It's snowing hard, on and off - and the temp is about 18. You can always check our current temp in Mancelona at this link. There's a temperature display on this page.

Hoping to get some good snowmobile shots this weekend. If you've got some you'd like to share, please email to me and I will put them on the Chamber's website!! Would love to have them! Thanks and have a great weekend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts