Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the better part of the morning and afternoon on Lake Winnebago. Lot's of F7's, Rev's, and Xc/ProX's. The kings of the lake were the ZR900 and RX-1. Nothing could really touch 'em. When it comes to lake running, both are in a class of their own.

The standard Fcat's were running 111-112mph. The sno pro's were a little off at 107-108mph. This was a 2-5 mile run(keep it pinned 'till she blows) under ideal conditions. Ice was totally flat with 1 inch of fresh light snow for slider lube and cooling.

A lowered ZR900 and well broken in and clutched RX-1 were running in excess of 120mph. They walked everything. Didn't see any blown up F7's. If they were gonna blow, this would of been the day. Overall, it just felt good to put some miles on.

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,440 Posts
hey actionfigurejoe were you from ? I am from Princeton. I was told that winnabago was breaking up ?
Keep in touch Flash and Flare

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Flash and Flare@Jan 5 2003, 09:18 PM
hey actionfigurejoe were you from ? I am from Princeton. I was told that winnabago was breaking up ?
Keep in touch Flash and Flare
I'm from Waupun. We rode the lower end of the lake. Dropped off by Pete Mingles(sp?) and rode mostly the east side up to Pipe. I also shot across to Wendt's and found no open water. Some open areas but not many. At least 1 1/2 feet ice where we spent the day. The lack of snow and calm cool nights has produced some really smooth ice. Very hard to get a hole shot unless your sled has sharpened pics.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Where is Lake Winnebago? Do they run every weekend? I ran 107 mph in a 1000' radar run in Buffalo, MN on Saturday. This sled rocks!

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Less than a mile run...or somewhere near there...had more to go, but ran out of room in NH on Back Lake...Max recall on the RPM (Post Service Bulletion Update so I know it's right) was 8150. Blows the doors off my 02 ZR 800 EFI that only ran 108 in 3 miles on a made for speed road up in Canda last year.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Joe, We were on lake Butte Des Mortes, south shore and running today. Slow day there, my f5 was running 3 mph slower than a week ago, warmer day and wet snow slowed things down. 2 F7's out there, but they stayed to themselves. I was hoping to see them run against a XC8, but they never did. We then took the fox river, almost all the way to Berlin. We were able to avoid all open water until the damn, and that was the end. Damn, it felt good to put 30 miles on in one smooth move!

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by bosssho@Jan 5 2003, 10:10 PM
Less than a mile run...or somewhere near there...had more to go, but ran out of room in NH on Back Lake...Max recall on the RPM (Post Service Bulletion Update so I know it's right) was 8150. Blows the doors off my 02 ZR 800 EFI that only ran 108 in 3 miles on a made for speed road up in Canda last year.
I'm assuming that's a standard F7? What I saw today, a sno pro could never pull that kind of speed running a deep lug. With a tail wind, I could see a standard pulling 114. Today was dead calm on the lake.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by gatsledder61@Jan 5 2003, 10:15 PM
Joe, We were on lake Butte Des Mortes, south shore and running today. Slow day there, my f5 was running 3 mph slower than a week ago, warmer day and wet snow slowed things down. 2 F7's out there, but they stayed to themselves. I was hoping to see them run against a XC8, but they never did. We then took the fox river, almost all the way to Berlin. We were able to avoid all open water until the damn, and that was the end. Damn, it felt good to put 30 miles on in one smooth move!
Couple of guys on F7's came down from Butte Des Mortes. They said the ice was mealy and slow up that way.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
There was no tail wind and the conditions sucked...it had snowed on top of an already uneven service...I could only hit 108 on the way back...I just found a groove on the way out and held it there...I made sure I could only hear the engine (meaning I was tucked down and kept my knees in) so I was as dragless as possible...the engine sounded sweeeeeettttttt :eek:

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,440 Posts
Originally posted by gatsledder61@Jan 5 2003, 10:15 PM
How close did you get to Berlin ? Did you make it up to sportsmans bridge ? I live on the fox in Princeton and it just frooze back over but I think it will pop back open on Wed or Thursday. Weather ppl are talking 47 degrees.
Later.................Flash and Flare

·
Registered
87 Posts
We didn't even make it to the park in Berlin, it was open all the way across about 10 miles south of Omro. But most the way to Berlin, from Lake B boat landing just off 21 and sand pit road, it was fine. A good way to put on a few miles. I think we did about 35-40 miles.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Running the Fox! Wow! I suppose you went through Eureka..and no open water. Have more balls than me. I dont run the fox until it goes below zero for atleast 3 days.

I am from Wautoma. Anybody running lake poygan? Is it busted up? Cant believe your running Winnebago...that has to be open towards the middle.

Did you ahev trouble hooking up? I was racing on Poygan a week ago and got beat every time out of the hole. Too much power to get a straight jump.

RX1 could not be beat? I got to see it. When is he back on Winnebago... I want to give him a try.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Today, we rode the Wolf from Stevensville to about 10 miles south of New London. Not for the weak of heart. Only had to cross water a couple of times, but that was enough! Put on about 65 miles.
I've not had any problems hooking up out of the hole shot. I have 136 studs in a 4-2-2 pattern. However, on the twisty river and with 10" carbides, I had losts of back side kicking out under acceleration. I'm going to add 1 more stud every 3rd window making it a 4-3-2 pattern, and see how it does.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts