Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FB post from Joe yesterday-

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Won't be in ME at all this year if the two week quarantine mandates stay in place. I'm sure that means they will have a record snow year....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Won't be in ME at all this year if the two week quarantine mandates stay in place. I'm sure that means they will have a record snow year....
Most businesses don't care where you're coming from so long as you wear a mask and don't be an idiot.

I am hopeful that a lot of the places in the woods will practice civil disobedience regarding any restrictions they don't deem necessary for safety. They really need a profitable season up there.

Sad to hear about Parlin... Hopefully enough places stay open to still be able to get a bite to eat on the trails

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Most businesses don't care where you're coming from so long as you wear a mask and don't be an idiot.

I am hopeful that a lot of the places in the woods will practice civil disobedience regarding any restrictions they don't deem necessary for safety. They really need a profitable season up there.

Sad to hear about Parlin... Hopefully enough places stay open to still be able to get a bite to eat on the trails
You do realize there are State Stormtroopers enforcing these orders with huge fines on businesses everywhere right?

I now wear a mask going into businesses NOT because I believe they should be required (or really do much of anything to keep anyone of us safe), but because I do not what to bring “government wrath” on any of these business owners....and in most states they can be charged with fines IF patrons are not following the mask rules (none are laws, but carry fines good luck fighting).

The funny thing is now our Balaclava’s will count as a face covering:)

At least the lodging will be open. Hopefully they make it through ok financially.

·
Registered
77 Posts
This is sad. I was fortunate to have had lunch at your establishment for the first time last winter while riding north from Bingham. Absolutely loved the place, the menu, the food and the atmosphere. Hope to return in the future.

·
Registered
828 Posts
This is horrible and it breaks my heart for an outstanding business that is trying to make a living and be a asset to the community. We love stopping there for lunch and gas and they always do a great job grooming too. Janet Mills sucks and this over reaching government crap is getting old!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
You do realize there are State Stormtroopers enforcing these orders with huge fines on businesses everywhere right?

I now where a mask going into businesses NOT because I believe they should be required (or really do anything to keep anyone of us safe), but because I do not what to bring “government wrath” on any of these business owners....and in most states they can be charged with fines IF patrons are not following the mask rules (none are laws, but carry fines good luck fighting).

The funny thing is now our Balaclava’s will count as a face covering:)

At least the lodging will be open. Hopefully they make it through ok financially.
I didn't know it was that bad out there especially outside of the more populated areas... sad to hear

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Stage 4 reopening starts 13 October. Being a mostly mid-week rider, I can't think of a time I have been in a restaurant in Maine that was near 50% capacity. Well except maybe the Stress Free Moose. Plus indoor service for bars and tasting rooms is expected to start 02 November. Travelers from states not on the approved list (sure to change by then) will need to file a ( Certificate of Compliance PDF) to get lodging.

I hope Parlin Lodge changes their mind during this winter as that is one of our favorite stops.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Stage 4 reopening starts 13 October. Being a mostly mid-week rider, I can't think of a time I have been in a restaurant in Maine that was near 50% capacity. Well except maybe the Stress Free Moose. Plus indoor service for bars and tasting rooms is expected to start 02 November. Travelers from states not on the approved list (sure to change by then) will need to file a ( Certificate of Compliance PDF) to get lodging.

I hope Parlin Lodge changes their mind during this winter as that is one of our favorite stops.
I'm mostly limited to weekend riding, Places around Rangeley typically have wait times anywhere near the lunch rush and some of them are so small I don't know how they would operate with reduced capacity and still make money. We will find out I guess, I wish them all the best and hope to patron as many as possible

·
Registered
323 Posts
the diners that want to be open are open. the ones that want to be closed are closed. it will be more of a challenge to get a meal out this winter for sure. some are still take-out only and some of them put up plexiglass, etc.. The mall in Presque Isle has a couple new options. Warehouse is closed in Caribou and Grammies in Linneus too. check facebook pages of the places you like to visit. campgrounds have been full since spring, so stores to support those have done very well. Guides/camps did very well this year if they stayed open. The County has been pandemic popular since March. nobody is quarantining that i know of, but get a test if you can before you come up. you cannot get one here unless you are sick. just wear a mask inside, respect people's space, and be courteous. some communities do not wear masks, but it is not a political thing, and i thank those from away for wearing a mask. we don't really have covid here until somebody brings it up to us..

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Sound advice! Yes to checking/calling ahead/hours of operation. I just checked Wildwoods site and they are closed Monday-Wednesday now, may change for better or worse. Plan on slim pickins if this bat shit gets worse.

·
Premium Member
4,353 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, Ct is back on the hotlist. You must quarantine if entering from Ct. I also haven't heard of anyone hammering any businesses on the mask policy. One of the largest supermarket chains in the state does not enforce the mask policy in their stores.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Parlin lodge is a phenomenal operation and always a favorite stop on the trails. Another really awesome off the trail spot in Caribou called the Warehouse is completely closed and up for sale. At this point I will be happy to just ride groomed trails again.

·
Registered
182 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts