·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need I say more.....LET IT SNOW :fluffy:

LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM EST THIS
AFTERNOON...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GAYLORD HAS ISSUED A LAKE EFFECT
SNOW ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON.

LAKE EFFECT SNOW SHOWERS WILL AFFECT CHIPPEWA COUNTY TODAY. THE
LARGEST SNOW ACCUMULATIONS TO AROUND 4 INCHES WILL OCCUR FROM
WHITEFISH POINT...TO PARADISE.

A LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY MEANS LAKE EFFECT SNOW IS FORECAST
THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DIFFICULT IN SOME AREAS. SLOW DOWN AND
EXERCISE CAUTION IF TRAVELING.

$$

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Need I say more.....LET IT SNOW :fluffy:
LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM EST THIS
AFTERNOON...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GAYLORD HAS ISSUED A LAKE EFFECT
SNOW ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON.

LAKE EFFECT SNOW SHOWERS WILL AFFECT CHIPPEWA COUNTY TODAY. THE
LARGEST SNOW ACCUMULATIONS TO AROUND 4 INCHES WILL OCCUR FROM
WHITEFISH POINT...TO PARADISE.

A LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY MEANS LAKE EFFECT SNOW IS FORECAST
THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DIFFICULT IN SOME AREAS. SLOW DOWN AND
EXERCISE CAUTION IF TRAVELING.

$$[/b]

BRING IT!!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Mancelona Area also!!!! :fluffy: :fluffy:

Snow Advisory

/O.NEW.KAPX.LE.Y.0001.070108T1358Z- 070108T2100Z/ CHARLEVOIX-ANTRIM-OTSEGO- KALKASKA-CRAWFORD- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...CHARLEVOIX...MANCELONA... GAYLORD... KALKASKA...GRAYLING 858 AM EST MON JAN 8 2007
...LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GAYLORD HAS ISSUED A LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON.

LAKE EFFECT SNOW SHOWERS WILL CONTINUE ACROSS NORTHWEST LOWER MICHIGAN TODAY. DAYTIME SNOW ACCUMULATIONS IN THE VICINITY OF EAST JORDAN...MANCELONA... KALKASKA...AND GAYLORD WILL APPROACH 4 INCHES.

A LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY MEANS LAKE EFFECT SNOW IS FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DIFFICULT IN SOME AREAS. SLOW DOWN AND EXERCISE CAUTION IF TRAVELING

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
there will probavly not be enough snow to ride until febuary or later because the weather is calling for tempatures for michigan next week to be warm again for a while because the cold air is moveing away again but thats ok because i am not finished with my sled projects yet so might as well enjoy the warm weather

·
Registered
653 Posts
there will probavly not be enough snow to ride until febuary or later because the weather is calling for tempatures for michigan next week to be warm again for a while because the cold air is moveing away again but thats ok because i am not finished with my sled projects yet so might as well enjoy the warm weather[/b]
What forcast you looking at? I only see a warm up for 1 day and thats thursday then back to the cold weather.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure what forecast you are looking at but they are calling for extreme cold temps in the UP next week and the temps for this week below

Tues: 24/14
Wed: 26/20
Thur: 30/20
Fri: 28/18
Sat: 20/11

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
there will probavly not be enough snow to ride until febuary or later because the weather is calling for tempatures for michigan next week to be warm again for a while because the cold air is moveing away again but thats ok because i am not finished with my sled projects yet so might as well enjoy the warm weather[/b]

KEWEENAW-ONTONAGON-NORTHERN HOUGHTON-BARAGA-MARQUETTE-ALGER-LUCE-
GOGEBIC-IRON-DICKINSON-MENOMINEE-DELTA-SOUTHERN SCHOOLCRAFT-
SOUTHERN HOUGHTON-NORTHERN SCHOOLCRAFT-
514 AM EST MON JAN 8 2007 /414 AM CST MON JAN 8 2007/

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR PORTIONS OF WESTERN UPPER
MICHIGAN AND CENTRAL UPPER MICHIGAN.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT

LAKE EFFECT SNOW SHOWERS MAY BECOME HEAVY TONIGHT WITH 2 TO 3
INCHES EXPECTED ALONG THE LAKE SHORE...MAINLY IN THE HIGHER
TERRAIN OF THE NORTHWEST FAVORED LAKE EFFECT SNOWBELTS.

AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW OVER THE KEWEENAW PENINSULA ARE POSSIBLE
TONIGHT WHICH COULD REDUCE VISIBILITIES.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...TUESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY

LAKE EFFECT SNOW SHOWERS MAY BECOME HEAVY TUESDAY AND TUESDAY
NIGHT WITH UP TO 7 INCHES OF TOTAL SNOWFALL EXPECTED
IN THE
HIGHER TERRAIN OF THE NORTHWEST FAVORED LAKE EFFECT SNOWBELTS.
AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW ARE ALSO POSSIBLE TUESDAY COULD REDUCE
VISIBILITIES. STAY TUNED TO LATER FORECASTS AND STATEMENTS AS THE
AMOUNT OF LAKE EFFECT SNOW CONTINUES TO BE REFINED.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

SPOTTER ACTIVATION WILL NOT BE NEEDED...BUT SNOWFALL REPORTS WOULD
BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
:frech32:

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Heading up to Wakefield tonight. Will not have a report until Sat. at the earliest. That is if it snows. Last trip in December ended on second day when it rained, rained and rained. I will let you know the real trail conditions if we get to ride. We usually ride to Copper if the snow allows. I have heard that the bridge in Houghton is still metal mesh so let's hope we can get across.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Not sure what forecast you are looking at but they are calling for extreme cold temps in the UP next week and the temps for this week below
Tues: 24/14
Wed: 26/20
Thur: 30/20
Fri: 28/18
Sat: 20/11[/b]
Check out accuweather.com 15 day forcast.Thiers some 11 to 13 degrees highs for the up!After this coming weekend.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
About 4" or so in Gaylord last night and is still snowing a little. Not enough to ride....normally, but since the sled has been tucked away in the corner of the garage for the last 6 weeks I might have to go for a short rip on it today!!!!

Tom

·
Premium Member
5,219 Posts
i thought you was broke???? how can you have sled projects????anything to stir the pot huh :bigfinger: :bigfinger:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
dude, you need to be dick slapped for saying this shit.....

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
dude, you need to be dick slapped for saying this shit.....[/b]
Won't do any good. :dunno:

I'm not to sure what his problem is, but I bet it's a really long word that is very hard to pronounce.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.