Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Just got off the phone with Highmarket and 2 sled were going by as we spoke... 6" of snow and an inch of base.... not enough for me but some people cant wait...

·
Registered
70 Posts
I called up to the market as well this morning...and heard the same thing. A couple of us were debating as to loading them on the trailer and riding on the few inches they do have. I have yet to clock a mile this year. Mike from HM said they were anticipating a few inches tonight...I guess we will see..what's a new set of carbides worth to me!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
NOAA says 4-7 now and it could end up being more.... if the band sits up there longer than expected it could easily be a foot. im gonna keep my fingers crossed until the morning and if they have enough to ride were going up...

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yup...headin up probably tommorw. Suppose to get snow through out the night with lots of snow bands. Read 4-6 inches. Good enough for me. Sounds like good news. For those who ride in old forge I have a live webcam that you can look at. It faces my driveway(does get plowed before we go up, but gives you a good idea of weather.)

//lakerondaxe.viewnetcam.com:50000
Click single at the top of the page when loaded.

·
Registered
106 Posts
You must be new to the sport! :frech32:[/b]
lol

Here guys, take this advice:

Tug Hill -- Don‘t Shoot The Messenger… Magnum -- Thursday, 28 December 2006, at 2:04 a.m.
The temperature is approximately 16 degrees. It was slow going, but the snow finally started to fall, with 3 to 5 inches of snow on the ground. The lower areas have 1 to 2 inches on the ground. Although there’s plenty of snowmobile tracks, there’s not enough snow to ride. I know the diehards will be out, however try to avoid farmer’s fields or be careful crossing them. Damaging crops or private property could cause a trail to be closed. The area is looking at another challenging season, with the lack of snow. The last thing the area needs are trail closures.

Thursday through Sunday the area is expected to clear with the temperature highs in the mid 30‘s and a low in the upper teens. There‘s a chance of rain on Monday, with the temperature high‘s in the mid 30‘s and the lows in the teens. Tuesday through Wednesday, there‘s a chance of snow. Stay positive & stay tuned...

See you on the trails... Think A Lot Of Snow!![/b]
I'd keep the riding to your own property with anything less than 10-12". Riding on 3-5" of snow over some of those fields on the hill is not a good experience.

Pray for snow

·
Registered
241 Posts
we had almost 4" here last night (east side of seneca lake in new york) and a few of us went out and ripped around the field for about 5-10 miles, but what little was there has now pretty much melted. This winter [email protected]!...cant even trailer to the hill....looks like i may be in the market for a nice asphalt or grass setup soon!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.