Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before the Petite Railroad Du Nord was partially shut down we used to make a great loop that inclided going down
The tracks from L'Annunciation to St. Agathe. Is there any way by going to La Belle that the closed section of the tracks can be by passed.? I don't have a map of that area so I can't check out much.

Anybody familiar with that area? Quebec #1 or maybe MID RANGE? Thanks for any information.

Regards Combat.

·
Registered
676 Posts
According to the 2006-07 outaouais-laurentides regional map which I have in front of me.

If you leave from La Macaza going to Sainte-Agathe

2 scenarios

A) you go by the mont-tremblant park via TQ63.Once you reach the relais rouge-mattawin, you take TQ33.Quite a detour isn't it.

B) in Labelle you take regional 323 then some local trails near Brébeuf until you reach TQ43 just west of St-Adolphe-d'Howard.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mid Range. I should have mentioned the loop we used to take . We start out in St Michele Des Saints and go past Rouge Mattawin Relay on our way to La Macaza. From there we went to L' Annunciation and down the tracks to St Agathe. From St Agathe we took 43 to 33 over to Saint Come. Then we worked our way to St Zenon and St. michelle Des Saints.

This was a great day trip and have done it a few times. The route you mention would be Labelle 323 to 43 just west ofLac Des Plages then take 43 east to St. Adolph-d howard and on to St Agathe. This would add on a lot of mileage to do this in a day.

Thanks for the info. I was hoping there might be a shorter way. It is too bad the tracks got shut down through the Mt Tremblant area. Again Merci and hope for snow. Regards Combat

·
Registered
676 Posts
The route you mention would be Labelle 323 to 43 just west ofLac Des Plages then take 43 east to St. Adolph-d howard and on to St Agathe.[/b]
You get to the TQ43 east of Lac des Plages and barely west of St-Adolphe d'Howard via a local trail.FCMQ website interactive map says jct is at 7 kilometers west of St-Adolphe d'Howard.

If you go on FCMQ website you can have a view of the trail network thru out the Province under services and interactive trail map.

·
Registered
185 Posts
There is no short way, especially in comparison to going straight down the track... However, that being said, the shortest way is to take the other local trails to the south of the tracks. Through the parc is not the shorter way......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts