Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any information on a conversion kit to L.E.D. lamps for the tail lights? I just wondering if there is a kit available anywhere? I have the standard seat on my Pro-X. I'm thinking that L.E.D's would last longer and possibly eliminate the snow dust melting and sticking on the tail lamp lens, any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
2,578 Posts
Does anyone have any information on a conversion kit to L.E.D. lamps for the tail lights? I just wondering if there is a kit available anywhere? I have the standard seat on my Pro-X. I'm thinking that L.E.D's would last longer and possibly eliminate the snow dust melting and sticking on the tail lamp lens, any thoughts?[/b]
A friend put them in his ProX 2 years ago. They do run cooler, hence, the snow builds up BIG TIME on the lense. They're not nearly as bright, either. In my opinion, not NEARLY as safe as the traditional bulb.

I know this is contrary to what we see in automobiles......

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
6 of one scenario... the LED won't melt the snow, a good thing and a bad thing... meaning it won't ice over but it won't clear snow either... LED's are brighter than standard bulbs contrary to what some may say, they are just SMALLER so you often need a few extra... Four Barr LED's make a nice 10" strip led light that you can rivet to your bumper and route the cable thru... it is VERY bright...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.