Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This could apply FCat riders:
Installed Klymaxx seat wedge. Have been riding 50+miles over the last two days. The finish is not that impressive. That being said, if you look at your sled more than you ride it, this product is not for you. Those of you looking to have "pretty" sleds, the finish on this product is not great. Those of you who are big guys and doing serious distance riding, read on.

I arrived home after my first ride and could not believe how good my knees felt. I have long legs, 6' but legs as long as someone 6'2 (short torso). My knees were always sore after aggressive riding, that's a thing of the past. Knees feel great and I can't believe how much fun it is to ride again. The extra clearance is critical for us larger guys. Easier to stand up and as a result can take stutter bumps faster and is actually more fun than ever. Since I weigh over 200 my balls do not slide down and hit the gas tank rather than that I can sit more comfortably closer to the tank for more control with my legs cocked under me for a more aggressive riding position. Before, I could only do this a short period of time before my legs and knees gave out because they were cocked so tightly for so long. It was not an in shape question as I am an avid skier and regularly work out intensely. Going down hill is another story my butt did slide forward but was not an issue other than momentary readjustment of "the fellas downstairs".

I do have an IsoVibe which raises my handle bars. There are other threads that go into that product. If you do not have an IsoVibe seriously condider it for it does exactly what it claims. Would not ride without it.

Wish AC would make a wedge for big guys with a better finish. Or design a better seating position for taller riders.

Mark

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well u talked me into it. I just order a seat wedge. I have a friend who is a big guy like myself and he said he loves it. He said it feels like a riding a quad, you can stand up quicker when hitting bounces. After hearing about his experiences and yours i finally ordered one. Ill have it Thurs. and im going to Old Forge on friday night till Sun, Ill let everyone know how i like it

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is an investment well worth the money for us larger guys. Now that you mention it, it does make the sled feel more similar to a quad.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Had my wedge on for one ride(200 miles in Tug Hill). I'm 6'1" 200 lbs.
I loved the way that it did enable you to stand much easier.
The handling was great, just relax you legs and you slide to the front of the sled.
But after 14 hours on the sled, my legs and hips were sore from hold myself up towards the back of the sled.

When a long smooth straight showed up at the end of the day, I was so tired that I couldn't push myself back.

Other problem that I had was the major wrinkles that formed in the front on the seat. Yes, I stopped looking at the them and it made it must better :p .

Just my 2cents. It does not make the sled feel like the Revs' seating postion.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree that it does not feel like the seated position on a rev. I actually like it better than the rev position. To ride a rev properly, your knees are supposed to be slightly touching the front panel of the sled. Did not make the sled feel tippy as only the back of the seat is high up. The front of the seat is still relatively low and if you are larger (200+) use your weight on the inside, then the sled just rails around turns as you move forward towards the tank with your legs under you. Rode the sled to work today and home again. This wedge is great for trail riding. I like it more every day. What a relief for long legs. I rarely go off trail during the season and although the trails do get bumpy I cannot evaluate how this seat does in pure off trail conditions.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Downhill was referring to trails with steep downward slopes anywhere from 20 yds to 70 yds not much further than that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts