Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed Klymaxx seat wedge. Have been riding 50+miles over the last two days. First off on a 2000 ZL 500 it lines up with the back of the seat but not the tunnel. There is a slight overhang of 1/4 inch over the back of the tunnel. The finish is not that impressive. That being said, if you look at your sled more than you ride it, this product is not for you. Those of you looking to have "pretty" sleds, the finish on this product is not great. Those of you who are big guys and doing serious distance riding, read on.

I arrived home after my first ride and could not believe how good my knees felt. I have long legs, 6' but legs as long as someone 6'2 (short torso). My knees were always sore after aggressive riding, that's a thing of the past. Knees feel great and I can't believe how much fun it is to ride again. The extra clearance is critical for us larger guys. Easier to stand up and as a result can take stutter bumps faster and is actually more fun than ever. Since I weigh over 200 my balls do not slide down and hit the gas tank rather than that I can sit more comfortably closer to the tank for more control with my legs cocked under me for a more aggressive riding position. Before, I could only do this a short period of time before my legs and knees gave out because they were cocked so tightly for so long. It was not an in shape question as I am an avid skier and regularly work out intensely. Going down hill is another story my butt did slide forward but was not an issue other than momentary readjustment of "the fellas downstairs".

I do have an IsoVibe which raises my handle bars. There are other threads that go into that product. If you do not have an IsoVibe seriously condider it for it does exactly what it claims. Would not ride without it.

Wish AC would make a wedge for big guys with a better finish. Or design a better seating position for taller riders.

Mark

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More on this topic on the FCat genl discussion. I hit both with this one.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
do you have any pictures with it installed

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry no pictures I don't own a digital cam but will look into getting some. Price was 149.95 + 47.86 (2nd day air).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts