Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me if 35.00 is too much for a gallon of their syn. inj. oil.Is there any place that I can get it for cheaper than this?

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I get it from the same spot or is that delivered to you?That a much better deal! and at this rate might last a couple of years! :wacko:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
whoa, whoa, whoa...you can buy klotz from Tam's racing products in maple plain, mn for 18/ gal, NOT shipped. Add in a little more for shipping and you'll save that extra money. The only diff. is that it comes in a generic container, not one that has klotz all over it.

Tam's Racing Products
1839 Howard Ave.
Maple Plain, MN 55359
Phone: (763)-479-2478
Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How can we be certain it's Klotz,are you affiliated with them somehow?how did you find this out?thanks ;)

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Hey,
I also buy my Klotz from Tam's, but I buy it from him every year up at the world championsip waterskip in Grantsburg. 17-18 a gallon. The reason it's so cheap is that he bottles it in generic containers from a bulk 50 gallon drum. Yes it's the real deal. You can smell it. ;) Love that Klotz!
Cat S.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you both very much! I'll give em a call

·
Registered
127 Posts
With all this talk about oil I am wondering something. If Cat says that you are supposed to use their APV oil, will they still warranty the engine if something goes wrong with it and you are not using APV?

Bob

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I believe klotz (and most other oils) will not void your warrenty. I thought that klotz states that somewhere on their web site, but don't recall. I can't justify paying 30+/ gallon for arctic apv oil, just cuz it says "arctic cat" on it. Man, that klotz smell is SOOOOOO nice!! He does do his own bottling, feel free to ask. It's just another fellow sledder helping other sledders get a good deal on oil. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by Pantera01355@Jan 2 2003, 09:58 AM
With all this talk about oil I am wondering something. If Cat says that you are supposed to use their APV oil, will they still warranty the engine if something goes wrong with it and you are not using APV?

Bob
As long as your oil meets the minimum requirements stated by Cat (all namebrand aftermarket oils do), they must warranty your sled...it's against the law not to. I have heard of some dealers blowing smoke about this, they just want to sell their oil.

Now, I keep hearing about this Klotz smell, what does it smell like? Please don't say vanilla :huh:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
since arctic cat does not own a refinery, they are buying it somewhere and having it put in their bottles with their label, i went through this with one of the meat head polaris guys i ride with it----
his sled was out of oil and the gas station did not have polaris oil so he was going to go back and get his truck and trailer to pick it up instaed of running the amsoil they had there
had to knock him upside the head with my helment for him to come to his senses
he said my dealer told me only polaris ves oil will work, all others will ruin my sled
his dealer must be a marketing genius!!

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Klotz has a "sweet" smell to it. Not sweet like "thats a sweet sled." Its a racy smell. Almost like race fuel.
Cat S.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Guys, thanks for the info.

I think I know the "smell" that they are talking about. When out riding I sometimes pass other sleds that remind me of being at the race track as it smells like that high octane gas.

I think I will give it a try and hopefully I'll smell a lot faster than I am. ;)

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
just keep in mind that there is 2 klotz oils out there, tcw-2 and tcw-3 . the 2 has a blue label and the 3 has a pink label. blue is semi synthetic and 3 is full synthetic.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Klotz will mix with anything as far as I know. I dont think the blue label kootz will meet warranty requirements. I think it is TCW-2 not TCW-3 that the manufactures recommend. I used the Klotz for 3000 miles in my 01 800 zr. No problems, nice smell, and best of all the pistons didn't even break. :wacko:
Cat S.

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
you should run the tcw-3,
and it smells like the v-p racing fuel..or
if you have ever been to a nascar race
after they have ran a lap or two..you get
that smell..........that's kinda what klotzs smells like B)

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Dave Cat,
I do run the TCW-3. I do believe both are full synthetic though.
Everyone I ride with runs it. If you meet a big group around Houghton on the weekend of the 8th of Feb and you get a big whiff that's us. Or if we get any snow around here maybe I'll actually get to ride around here. :angry:
Cat S.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts