Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a Klim Valdez Jacket.
Are these good jackets?

Also interested in a pullover for the warmer days, any recomendations on a good pullover?

Who has good pricing on them?
Black/Large

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Klim is the best but really hard to find any deals on them. Try ebay my buddy got his off there from a dealer who was getting out of the snowmobile business.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I got one. and the towg. bids. I love the bids. Jacket is great in the mountains, But I have found it ok , In MN. when the temp. hits -0 . Plus the size's are different don't forget that. XL is alittle smaller then a normal XL jacket.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got one. and the towg. bids. I love the bids. Jacket is great in the mountains, But I have found it ok , In MN. when the temp. hits -0 . Plus the size's are different don't forget that. XL is alittle smaller then a normal XL jacket.[/b]
The sizing has me nervous. Not being able to try it on or return if I buy from ebay. I have a large Reima Warrior jacket that I thought was a little tight so I bought another XL...well the large fits better in Reima. Now I have two jackets that dont match my sled and Reima isnt Reima anymore. Thought Id try Klim but no dealers in NJ.

Id like to buy from someone I could exchange sizes if needed.
Anyone know how the sizing runs compared to Reima?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
The sizing has me nervous. Not being able to try it on or return if I buy from ebay. I have a large Reima Warrior jacket that I thought was a little tight so I bought another XL...well the large fits better in Reima. Now I have two jackets that dont match my sled and Reima isnt Reima anymore. Thought Id try Klim but no dealers in NJ.

Anyone know how the sizing runs compared to Reima?[/b]
I have an older Reima that's a large and it fits perfectly. Have a couple of Klim jackets, XL for the outer shell that fits well with a little extra room for layering, runs a little on the big side without layering. I have a L Kilim that fits perfectly with a T Shirt on underneath but not enough room for much more, I can wear a sweatshirt underneath but it's a little tight.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
195 Posts
here you go for places to buy klim EBAY fine plus check out the snowest forum. The mountain boys live in thier Klim wear.

sizes
http://www.buyklim.com/sizing.pdf

My guess would be go with the XL I am 5'9 210 it fits fine I wear one under shirt by klim and fleece pullover, that for 20 and below if over 20 just under shirt and open all the vents

·
Registered
245 Posts
I saw one at my local shop in Michigan for like $260........But it was a size small. Try posting on snowest, not alot of dealers carry those on the east side of the country.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I am 6'0" tall and weigh 205 lbs., I wear a Klim Klimate Jacket over my Klim Tek Vest and have room for another warm layer if needed. My wife has a Klim Valdez parka in a medium but she likes to wear a lot of layers. Klim makes great stuff, I have their boots, jacket, balaclava, socks, gloves and they all are well made quality stuff. I buy all of my Klim gear from buyklim.com but there are other places on the internet to buy as well. My only complaint is that the closest dealer is in Massachusetts, I bought my Adrenaline GTX boots at the NH grass drags this fall because I wanted to be able to try them on first. So far all of the stuff that I have bought has been the right size, the only problem you may have with the jacket is the sleeve length, I have a 34/35 sleeve length and the x-large Klimate jacket is a 36/37 sleeve length. Hope this helps.

BTW, everyone that I have spoken with about the Klim stuff has positive things to say about the gear. My Coldwave stuff just does not compare in any way.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Sorry website or browser acting up!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Wow, triple post

·
Registered
80 Posts

Anyone know how the sizing runs compared to Reima?[/b]

Buy it from www.klimusa.com they are very good to work with. If it doesn't fit or you don't like it they will exchange it no hassle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts