Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a pair of Klim goretex gloves for snowmobiling. People snowmobile in cold weather. The Klim gloves have a facing on the palms and fingers that doesn't bend in cold weather. They are unwearable. I sent them back and was told they tested them and they are fine. If that's fine you can keep them! I really wonder if Klims other products are any good ? I guess I for one will never know ! :mad:

·
Banned
21,471 Posts
Sorry to hear your issues with Klim. I bought a pair of their bibs & a coat along with boots, and couldn't be happier. Some of the best gear I've ever owned.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I love all my Klim gear. I have two jackets, half dozen balaclavas, riding pants (my favorite) three pair of gloves and some of their riding shirts. All are quality products, granted pretty expensive, and last me year after year. My Klim gloves are the warmest and best fitting that I have ever owned. I'm not sure what the model glove you bought was, but I think they make some models not rated for snowmobiling. It sucks that they didn't do something for you. To actually send them back like you did should have given them a clue that there is a problem with them. You would think they would do something to make you happy. They are not low dollar items.

·
Premium Member
‘21 Indy 600 SP 137 & 2015 RMK 155 LE
25,387 Posts
It took me a while to spend the money for Klim 5 years ago but I am sure glad that I did. I'm now even slowly making my gf a believer and she's the money saver of the house. :bc:

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,450 Posts
to the OP,
Where your gloves Klimate's ?

I've heard the Klimate gloves are just like you explained, with that being said I am a Klim wearer and I will continue to do so, I have a Valdez Parka and Togwotee bibs as well as a Klimate jacket for everyday use.

I wish Cat would partner up with Klim like Yamaha did so I could buy OEM top notch clothing again.

IMHO, don't give up on Klim

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I'm all Klim.....ed out. Got the jacket, bibs, mid layer pants and shirts, boots and gloves. Out of all the Klim stuff that I've got the gloves are the least favorite out of everything. They are point blank.......COLD. Riding in the -20+ weather that we have experience latey, the only thing cold was the hands. The rest of the stuff....rocks. IMO, it hear more people unhappy with the gloves than any other product Klim makes. Don't rule out there stuff. As a matter of fact, I just ordered the Klim Arctic Balaclava, gonna give it a try. I was wearing a no fog mask and thin balaclava. No problems with doing it this way other than having to put 2 pieces on. The Klim Arctic is the same principle just all in one.

PS.... Nick, I did save you some snow. :thumbsup: How could I not, it snowed all the time I was up there. :bc:

·
Premium Member
‘21 Indy 600 SP 137 & 2015 RMK 155 LE
25,387 Posts
I'm all Klim.....ed out. Got the jacket, bibs, mid layer pants and shirts, boots and gloves. Out of all the Klim stuff that I've got the gloves are the least favorite out of everything. They are point blank.......COLD. Riding in the -20+ weather that we have experience latey, the only thing cold was the hands. The rest of the stuff....rocks. IMO, it hear more people unhappy with the gloves than any other product Klim makes. Don't rule out there stuff. As a matter of fact, I just ordered the Klim Arctic Balaclava, gonna give it a try. I was wearing a no fog mask and thin balaclava. No problems with doing it this way other than having to put 2 pieces on. The Klim Arctic is the same principle just all in one.

PS.... Nick, I did save you some snow. :thumbsup: How could I not, it snowed all the time I was up there. :bc:

If you need a warm headsock, the arctic is where to go for sure, Bob. It's too hot for me unless it is REALLY cold out but I don't get cold easy so.....

And thanks! Going to try and do a loop to the north and east then back around to the lodge for dinner, this Saturday. Then probably just to Joberg for breakfast on Sunday. :bc:

·
is wielding a
7,578 Posts
My best friend devon wears all klim/yamaha . And he loves it ALOT. He has the klim gloves klimates i think .. and they point blank suck balls. Bulky funky no flexi crackie hang up in controls balls.

Heres a pic cause i dont remember the name of tthe glove.

They will be replaced with motorfist valkyries.. after trying mine and finding out the warranty support he is sold on them too. They are an outstanding glove.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
I don't like their gloves either. There balaclavas - I have the Covert and the Arctic - I love them!!

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I looked at klim pants and coat a couple weeks ago. all black, figured if it lasts why not? Well I don't get cold or wet, never have. I use scotch guard on all my riding shit, And for a cobined price of 800 bucks for the combo...You can have em! That is just nuts. If I was always cold, and couldn't find anything else I could definitely justify it. But I for one think its crazy!

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Look around for close-outs and off season specials. I know my pants were $199 (got off ebay). My jacket, I got was $259. The mid layers and stuff, I also got off ebay. All brand new stuff. I do think they have increased in price some, but what hasn't.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Yeah I guess I had sticker shock lol. And im far from cheap, but also need to justify what im buying. And considering Ive never been wet or cold riding it was hard to choke on haha

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Yeah I guess I had sticker shock lol. And im far from cheap, but also need to justify what im buying. And considering Ive never been wet or cold riding it was hard to choke on haha
Guess you got to look at it this way. My helmet is a HJC that is over 10 years old and my goggles are also 10 years old. Helmet - 129, goggles -75, so for about $200, it comes to about $20 per year. Same with the jacket and bibs, I'll keep using them to they either get to small (I mean big...... :) ) for me or they rip or tare. I don't need 2 or 3 jackets or bids and surely don't to change my wardrobe every so many years. I guess that's why I bought a black outfit, goes with everything. In the long run the cost and quality will make it a reasonable buy. Hell I only got 1 helmet and 1 pair of goggles. I see others having 5 or 6 pairs of goggles. Hey if that's what they want it's alright by me.

·
Registered
224 Posts
i have 2 balaclavs and i love them the only issue is the sticker shock, i've heard similar stories on the gloves and i ware ice armors and they were 45 bucks and work great.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Just got a Klim Keweenaw jacket and so far I love it. Yes it was expensive, but I got a decent deal at $305 +tax. The castle ones and coldwave always cost me around a $100 +tax, and I could only get one year out of them. I wear the coat every day to work and riding, so the way I figure it if it lasts three years I am doing good.

I have never had a quality coat, and I am really liking it.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Sucks you got some bad gloves, but that sure isn't enough reason to give up on Klim as a company.

Klim makes the best gear that money can buy and they are a great company that supports public land access. I have thousands of dollars worth of their gear for snowmobile and dirtbike riding and I won't buy anything else.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts