1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
153 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Polaris Indy 800 XC / 2005 Polaris Indy 800 XCSp
3,044 Posts
I have the same boot in the same size. I would say they fit a wide foot very well, but not an extra wide foot. If you have a wide fat foot it'll be snug. I have a extra wide thin foot. They have always been slightly snug fitting for a size 12 which for me caused my feet to be cold.
That boot originally came with different thickness soul insert liners. If you use the thinner liner it allowed your foot to have more room but the cold transferred through the soul much easier. So I always had to use custom fit thicker liner which kept my foot warmer but then the boot became too snug and I'm an 11.5 to 12 extrawide. Not snug as uncomfortable snug, just not enough clearance for required air movement. You have to have an air gap when you wear a thicker sock, as it gets colder. Those boots are good to about 15°, any colder than that and I had issues with them. I always wore toe warmers with a medium weight wool blend sock for the last 5 years with those boots. Then they were fine.
They are a good comfortable boot but they have to fit right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same boot in the same size. I would say they fit a wide foot very well, but not an extra wide foot. If you have a wide fat foot it'll be snug. I have a extra wide thin foot. They have always been slightly snug fitting for a size 12 which for me caused my feet to be cold.
That boot originally came with different thickness soul insert liners. If you use the thinner liner it allowed your foot to have more room but the cold transferred through the soul much easier. So I always had to use custom fit thicker liner which kept my foot warmer but then the boot became too snug and I'm an 11.5 to 12 extrawide. Not snug as uncomfortable snug, just not enough clearance for required air movement. You have to have an air gap when you wear a thicker sock, as it gets colder. Those boots are good to about 15°, any colder than that and I had issues with them. I always wore toe warmers with a medium weight wool blend sock for the last 5 years with those boots. Then they were fine.
They are a good comfortable boot but they have to fit right.
Thanks for the reply. I have a double or triple wide when I can find it. I will pass, I know what you mean by needing a little room.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Appreciate the look. Personally, I have never had any issues with cold at any temp with these boots and KLIM socks - and I tend to run cold. Only selling to buy boa version and new color : ) Thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts