Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking over this sled pretty well and I cant seem to figure out how set the parking brake! Maybe I am missing a part or somthing? Is there a neat little trick like the Hi/Lo switch for the headlights? Anybody have a picture of there brake set up that shows the parking braks? thanks for the help :help:

·
Registered
654 Posts
on the brake lever there is a plastic toggle. when you pull the brake handle in, push the toggle toward the handlebar pad and release the handle and it will lock.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
i think your missing the peice that holds the brake in....thats what it looks like to me...

look at the brake lever on this one(#2)...you see the clip peice? yours is missing...you can notice it on your because their is a lip off of the lever, with a hole in it...thats where it mounts...

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
You are absolutley missing the little lever that breaks off all Firecats within the first 100 miles. I think they make a billet version that is more durable.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
you are missing a piece there... there is suppose to be a lil piece that is mounted on the handle there where the little hole is... and then when u pull the break it goes into that slot to apply the break

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by GF7PE@Sep 4 2005, 08:19 PM
yup you are missing it.  Here is a better pic
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=860910
[/quote]
Who makes those billet levers? About how much $$$ can I expect to pay for one?
I am guessing I can get just the piece that is missing, I dont have to order a whole new lever do I? thanks for the pics you guys have been very helpful. :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
The pin that holds the brake lock in is ridiculous. If at all possible, when I put my new clip on, I will use a stainless steel machine screw with a nylock nut.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
so everyone elses has broken???

mines still going strong...3300 miles...no problems with it at all...

I use it probally once or twice per day of riding..

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Originally posted by FastFirecat@Sep 5 2005, 02:39 PM
so everyone elses has broken???
mines still going strong...3300 miles...no problems with it at all...

I use it probally once or twice per day of riding..
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=861614
[/quote]

Mine didn't break as a result of lack of use, my clip fell out as a result of a cheap push pin holding the clip in-I don't know if there was originally an e-clip on the bottom end, I guess I never looked at that.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
I can't believe that all you guys parking brake levers broke off. I've never even heard of them falling off. I think i'll go check mine

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
Originally posted by powderhound@Sep 4 2005, 10:34 PM
Who makes those billet levers? About how much $$$ can I expect to pay for one?
I am guessing I can get just the piece that is missing, I dont have to order a whole new lever do I?  thanks for the pics you guys have been very helpful. :beerchug:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=861044
[/quote]
The lever is made by CPC racing. I bought mine from ODS.

http://www.theoutdoorshopinc.com/store/pro...products_id=179

·
Registered
860 Posts
Mine fell of also. As someone said, its not the clip, it is the junky loose pin. Take a few seconds and replace it with a bolt and nylock nut.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
luckily i havent lost my pin or the little clip...

has anyone lost their throttle pin?

Now that on the other hand I have lost....very dangerous....especially when it finally comes out going through some twistie trails in northern maine

:help:

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Chris had his fall off in Revelstoke. He almost never used it. I don't use mine but, it is still on there at 1500 miles. We had some work done and they replaced the lock on warranty.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts