Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here I sit. On the verge of getting out of sledding for a while, and if I do it I should sell my sled this winter as in NOW to get something out of it. It is a 03 700 with 4,000 miles on it. Also have a sled bed trailer, 2 sled model. Not sure if I should keep it or not. Especially with 4$ a gallon gas on the way.

·
Registered
108 Posts
keep the sled, keep the trailer, find a new buddy to ride with, and "please dont remind me on the price of gas", its only money.....you'll blow it on something elce anyway...

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
You have to keep it - You'll find a few new riders to go with - Don't you worry about the money , because if stop spending it on something that You like to do , Your wife and/or girlfriend will spend it for you , and do so in a blink of an eye - Hang in there ! Rich

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
^^^^^ what everyone else said! I don't have anyone to ride with. Never have. I sometimes meet up with people on the trail that I tag along with but as far as having a riding buddy I've never had one. I like to ride by myself.... there is something about being out in the woods by myself that I have come to appreciate. I don't ride on the weekends because of the crowds on our trail system. And as far as the $4.00/gal. for gas.....Who cares??? You'll find something else to spend it on. Just like when I quit smoking when a pack was $4.50.... I thought I'd save the $135/mo. but that didn't happen. I sometimes wonder how I ever afforded to smoke............

SK.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you are into snowmobiling that means you have a truck you dont buy a truck for the gas mileage. but lets say you do sell everything what are you looking to get for that trailer??? but dont sell anything even though we havent gotten snow in MN that past several years the little I have gotten out this year I have had a blast plu there is always the U.P.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you are into snowmobiling that means you have a truck you dont buy a truck for the gas mileage. but lets say you do sell everything what are you looking to get for that trailer??? but dont sell anything even though we havent gotten snow in MN that past several years the little I have gotten out this year I have had a blast plu there is always the U.P.[/b]
I don't know, make me an offer. It is an 04 sled bed two up drive off. I will sell the trailer with the pro x on it for 3900.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
So here I sit. On the verge of getting out of sledding for a while, and if I do it I should sell my sled this winter as in NOW to get something out of it. It is a 03 700 with 4,000 miles on it. Also have a sled bed trailer, 2 sled model. Not sure if I should keep it or not. Especially with 4$ a gallon gas on the way.[/b]
I have the same dilema as you. My riding buddy has 2 small kids and just can't afford to ride this year.
I have been up north twice by myself this year and do enjoy riding alone but there is no competition in that. Although when I race myself I always win. :yelrotflmao:
The wife and kids are OK to ride with but just not the same.
If you are looking for someone to share truck gas with and go ride a couple hundred miles a day give me a pm.
I am always looking to go ride. I am in the north metro area.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the same dilema as you. My riding buddy has 2 small kids and just can't afford to ride this year.
I have been up north twice by myself this year and do enjoy riding alone but there is no competition in that. Although when I race myself I always win. :yelrotflmao:
The wife and kids are OK to ride with but just not the same.
If you are looking for someone to share truck gas with and go ride a couple hundred miles a day give me a pm.
I am always looking to go ride. I am in the north metro area.[/b]
Well, I already live on a lake up north. I don't like to ride trails too much, I like to get out and see the backcountry that I know pretty well. I can ride all day and not see another sledder except when I fuel up. I have not bought a trail sticker in 3 years. Not many riders like to do this. I should be riding right now and not typing, but no one to go with. Boodocking alone is not too smart.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Like Sledge8 said I live nw of the twin cities so if we do get some snow again after its done melting here shoot me something and we can rip it up. I got a 20' foot trailer a little ridiculous to haul one sled and putting it in the back of my truck is a pain by yourself so that is why I was asking about a 2 place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts