Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else had to repair there kill switch because it came out when pulling up? I am not pulling it up hard. Now I have to put it back together for the second time. :wacko:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
yes it is called defective. go to dealer and get it replaced. there is a small ball bearing that locks it into place and it is missing. we replaced a few of them.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ball bearing is still in there. I have had to reset it once and will do it again. Just a fix for now untill I go back to dealer to try a new one. Thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
Stupid question, but here goes...if they bearing is still there, how do you reset the switch in there...mine is broke too. If it's easy I'll have hubby fix it this afternoon for me. ;) Right after he puts on my yellow hand grips, yellow handlebar pad and snowflap....which is on loan from the dealer as mine won't be here till the end of March! <_< THis if FYI for anyone interested, but he gave me a bracket for reinforcing the snowflap...this way you don't have to have the strap on the flap! AC Part #0616-505.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can put it back together if all the parts are there. If you pulled the switch all the way out chances are parts are gone. But putting it back together will only work until you forget to pull it VERY lightly. I have put mine back together about 5 times now even made a spring to replace a lost one. My dealer is about 1 1/2 hrs away so I am trying to wait until I have to go there. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts