Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have a 3 month old daughter, and cannot wait to get her into snowmobiling. I've already had her sitting on a sled when she was two weeks old!
Just curious to see how many parents take their kids out too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
MY 10 YEAR OLD SON LOVES TO RIDE,HE & MY 13 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER JUST TOOK THEIR SAFETY COARSE LAST WEEK..JUST NEED SNOW! :lol:

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have 3 children, ages 14, 12 and 9. They have all been riding since they were little (6 months and up). They love it, now of course, they all drive and I'm having a hard time getting my F7 away from my 14 yr old, he can run faster so he usually gets it first!!!!!!!! :p

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I have a 1 yr old and 7 yr old. The 7 yr old is a girl and she's been riding with us since about 2 but always had a tendency to fall asleep. Bought one of those strap things that attach them to you when they sit in front of you and that worked great. Had a friend who did the same but went a step farther and attached velcro to the kids helmet and his suit so when the kid fell asleep her head wouldn't bounce around. Sounds funny but it worked!. Anyway now days I'm a little nervous about putting the little guy in front of me for two reasons, first there's a lot of morons on blind corners that drift into the oncoming side of the trail and second the F7 takes a little more body input that is harder to do with a little one in front of you. One nice thing that my daughter commented on is the narrower tunnel/seat is easier to sit on for little ones with shorter legs.

·
Registered
302 Posts
My daughter is 18 mos and I can't wait to get her the kitty cat. I am looking at that strap thing for holding her to my chest. How does it work.

·
Registered
580 Posts
My son is 14 and my daughter is 12, they both need to take the safety course this Jan. My daughter loves to ride more than my son, I use to put on the back on my zl and we would ride for hours. At the end of the ride her helmet would be so fogged up she couldn't see a thing. I asked her if it was scary not being able to see. she thought it was a blast..HAHA. so now she has a no fog mask which works nice. SHe is my daredevil..... :lol:

·
Registered
210 Posts
We have a 3 year old daughter, and a 6 year old son. She has ridden once at 18 months, and he has ridden plenty. With the 2 new sleds thid year we hope to get them both out a lot. They are both ready and excited (decked out head to toe in Cat gear).

S

·
0 Posts
Just like me. Both my Children have been on the sleds and bikes since they were real young, now at 12 and 16 they now steal the sled magazines before I get them! My 16 yr old son is now snowcrossing and loves to burn a tank of gas a day.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
two boys, 10 and 12......98 jag and 99 phazer......they love it

·
Registered
861 Posts
Both my 7 and 8 year old kids love to ride with us. We use the belts around the waist with handles so they have a secure grip to hold on to.
They both would rather ride their ZR120 than be a passenger though.
My son and I just came in from building him a jump to "Fly like Tucker," or so he tells me.
It's a great way to spend time with the family, and great daddy time as well.

Kevin

·
Registered
248 Posts
My granddaughter has just turned one. My son and I bought her a new Kitty Cat (1999) two months ago and she loves it . They got some early snow and picture this, either mom or dad ride on back while she tries to pilot this bad Kitty. She calls it her "book a bile". Now if she could only get this walking thing down pat.

·
Registered
171 Posts
i have been riding for a long time and i'm only 15 now. i know a man who rides w/ his daughter starped to the front of him. she has over 5000 miles on and is about 3 years old.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 12 and 10 year old they both started out at 7 riding a 1988 Yamaha bravo (one lunger). they now each have there own Cat 370. The 12 year old wants to ride my F7, I told him if he could pull it over he's welcome to take it for a ride. (he still hasnt riding it yet , maybe next year) B)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've got two boys, 2 & 4. They both love to ride, and have ridden with us since they were able to hold their head up with a helmet on. The only real problem we've ever had was keeping their hands warm. The kids usually don't tell you anything until they are REALLY cold, which makes for a miserable ride home. I have since found that by putting a pair of adult mittens on over their mittens, their hands never get cold. We usually don't get a whole lot of miles on, but it's sure great family time. March of '01 we took a little trip into the woods with 4 generations of us. My grandfather, who was 85 at the time, hadn't been on a sled since his '74 Super Stinger burned up in a garage fire years ago. He was very impressed how stable and smooth the new sleds were, and he had a great time. He keeps asking when we're going to do it again. (if we'd get any snow in MN I'd take him tomorrow!)

Attachments

·
Registered
293 Posts
My wife and I have a four year old son and a daughter who will be two in February. We have two kid harnesses and they work great! I know my wife could not ride without it. I bought the Sled Pal. I believe it is better than the KidKarrier. It was $50 for one 'system' - that gets you a harness for you, the kid, and the straps that connect you. Takes awhile to adjust, but we have it down now. Below are both of the websites.

http://corneys1.tripod.com/sledpalsite/

http://kidkarrier.com/

When I ordered the Sled Pal (two systems) I did it on the phone - lady who answered was very friendly. There are two sizes - large and either small or regular. She said that the large is what most people would require - adjustable for a large range, and she was right. My wife is about 130 and I am 210 and the large is nice.

Whatever you do, get one! Makes riding so much better when I can just ride and not hang onto Jack!

Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't want to rain on your parade, but I ordered a sled pal harnass on Dec. 2nd, they charged my card but I never got it. They do not answer emails and when you call you get a "this mail box has reached maximum capacity" message. I had to dispute the charge with my cc company. Seach HCS forums - its happened to a bunch of people.

IF someone has this harnass for sale or can figure out where to get one PLEASE PM me... My husband and I used to ride steady - now I'm left at home with the one year old (who I love dearly - can't wait to take him out riding!)

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Cool thread! My son's 11 now, he rides the '99 snopro like there's no tomorrow, jumps everything in sight on our private property.

And on his atv!!!,,, my skin crawls as I watch him do some of what he does,,

·
Registered
367 Posts
My son's been riding since he was 4 on his z120. Changed gearing so it would do about 18 mph and we would go on long rides. Graduated to a yamaha enticer 250 at 8 years then to a puma 340 at 10. Now he drives my 1991 ext special and loves it. He will be 13 in April. We go on 100 mile rides in a day no problem and he is right there with me like one of the guys. My daughter on the other hand is 14 and not interested at all. Oh well maybe later on. Right now at -33 this morning I'm not even interested lol!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts