Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what systems can you no longer get to if you started out in keene and wanted to ride the surrounding areas?

·
Registered
242 Posts
You are at a dead end from ALL railroad beds. Westmoreland to Keene-dead. You can go to Chillis or Long horn. There are people riding through to railroad bed on Rte 10. As of November, this was illegal. There might have been a development since then because I saw groomer tracks this noon time comming from Westmoreland area going to Best Western. Call Fish and Game in Keene. Troy to Keene-DEAD END Thanks to Keene State A-holes. They have cut off any hopes of access. Riding along rte 101 to Rte 10 is illegal. you will be fined. Keene is no longer snowmobile friendly. That is why I live 23 miles from that hole. Bunch of yuppies trying to make it into "perfect world". More cops per person than any other city in the state. There is no parking in Keene either.

This is not the club's fault. They have been trying for years to make access better. The city council, the DOT, and Keene State A-holes have all had their hands in shutting down the trail system.

The problem with the area is that 2 highways that are labled limited access are maxed out on access points. A snowmobile trail that crosses a highway is an access. If they allow people to use the trail, they will lose federal highway funds for improvements on the stretch. Not to mention that it would be hairy to say the least.

Keene State is simply un-friendly. Their president is an over-educated hair-lip that thinks he "knows what is best for the community". Total loser. Things might have changed from Westmoreland to Win-tucky(winchester), but check it out 1st.

All the tracks from 101 to rte 12 railbed that goes to Troy are down with guys riding outlaw.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so if you started out in rindge or troy, would the lack of access to keene effect northbound travel?

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
You can still go north if you can get over to Pisgah, then go up through Chesterfield and Westmoreland.

·
Registered
242 Posts
You cannot go from Rindge on the railbed then connect over in Keene. You have to go through troy, richmond, winchester, chesterfield, westmoreland then north to all points. Most trails are well marked. Watch for OPEN WATER. it is everywhere.

·
Registered
566 Posts
You cannot go from Rindge on the railbed then connect over in Keene. You have to go through troy, richmond, winchester, chesterfield, westmoreland then north to all points. Most trails are well marked. Watch for OPEN WATER. it is everywhere.[/b]
Can you tell me how one goes from Ashelut trail in Hindsdale over to Troy? It would be nice to be able to ride to Keene Motorsports from the Pisgah area. I need a map for this area. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Can you tell me how one goes from Ashelut trail in Hindsdale over to Troy? It would be nice to be able to ride to Keene Motorsports from the Pisgah area. I need a map for this area. Thanks[/b]
Follow the railbed to Winchester and take club trail 3 just north of downtown. This brings you to a big gravel pit near Forest Lake, take club trail 9 out of the pit and you should come to 4 corners in Richmond. If you need gas you can continue to follow club trail 3 south out of the gravel pit to Kulicks where you can get gas. I haven't been farther than 4 corners in 2 years, so I'm not sure if you can currently make it to Troy from 4 corners.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Follow the railbed to Winchester and take club trail 3 just north of downtown. This brings you to a big gravel pit near Forest Lake, take club trail 9 out of the pit and you should come to 4 corners in Richmond. If you need gas you can continue to follow club trail 3 south out of the gravel pit to Kulicks where you can get gas. I haven't been farther than 4 corners in 2 years, so I'm not sure if you can currently make it to Troy from 4 corners.[/b]

I was told you can not get to richmond anymore do to a sledder pissed off a land owner and they shut down the trail last year. Not sure if it is true or not.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I parked at the Keene State Athletic Complex on New Years Day at 8:30am. It was right on the railbed across the street from Allstate Insurance. We rode down trail 4 to trail 5 to Claremont 60 miles away. We rode back and got lost on 393 and backtracked to route 5 for 150 miles total. There were several washouts, mud, rocks. I could not believe we rode on these trails.

The trails are ok. When the season is further along and the washouts are fewer and farther between, it will be a good area to ride. It has several open fields and elevation changes. I even saw some grooming going on on New Years Day.

I used to ride out of Rindge down that railbed. We get stuck when we get to Keene. There's a river at the base of the last bridge that was not passable. We just drive to Keene now.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I parked at the Keene State Athletic Complex on New Years Day at 8:30am. It was right on the railbed across the street from Allstate Insurance. We rode down trail 4 to trail 5 to Claremont 60 miles away. We rode back and got lost on 393 and backtracked to route 5 for 150 miles total. There were several washouts, mud, rocks. I could not believe we rode on these trails.

The trails are ok. When the season is further along and the washouts are fewer and farther between, it will be a good area to ride. It has several open fields and elevation changes. I even saw some grooming going on on New Years Day.

I used to ride out of Rindge down that railbed. We get stuck when we get to Keene. There's a river at the base of the last bridge that was not passable. We just drive to Keene now.

I hope this helps.[/b]
Welcome Dougee

1 - 10 of 10 Posts