Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanks guys :flag_usa: this is buy far the best forum for sleds in the net. im still waiting for my hood from BRtech,done with the brand new 800 drilled and machined for premix , new crank with built pto end and fat bearing, also running drip bottle from 440 skidoo , new top end and slp cheater head, slp twin race pipes, stock carbs with 600 jets in and pod filters, also runnig ATACC (is the shit!!) never have to jet always runs good, plus koso egts , cna razer skis. iv been riding about ten times now and the sled always suprises me with the power. thanks again for the help. what do you think?

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Looks Good

Fun to see another Alaska Boy...Gettin er Done.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
was woundering what a set of drop spindles would do for me , mostly mountain riding , would they affect the way it carvs or side hills? ya it is the mod post and hoop from polaris.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Yup, I got a set of 2" drops on my IQ last night. WOW what a difference 2" makes. Made me a little to cocky and I layed it over to climb out of a ditch and buried it in a drift up to my armpits. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell everyone, Grand Marais MN got 24+ inches of snow Saturday night. Nothing like out west though. Craig

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, I got a set of 2" drops on my IQ last night. WOW what a difference 2" makes. Made me a little to cocky and I layed it over to climb out of a ditch and buried it in a drift up to my armpits. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell everyone, Grand Marais MN got 24+ inches of snow Saturday night. Nothing like out west though. Craig[/b]
what was the diff how did it controle after the drop spindles?

·
Registered
901 Posts
thanks guys :flag_usa: this is buy far the best forum for sleds in the net. im still waiting for my hood from BRtech,done with the brand new 800 drilled and machined for premix , new crank with built pto end and fat bearing, also running drip bottle from 440 skidoo , new top end and slp cheater head, slp twin race pipes, stock carbs with 600 jets in and pod filters, also runnig ATACC (is the shit!!) never have to jet always runs good, plus koso egts , cna razer skis. iv been riding about ten times now and the sled always suprises me with the power. thanks again for the help. what do you think?[/b]
Nice Mod, sounds like a blast. I'm thinking my next one will be a big twin for ditch banging.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I ran drip bottle when I got mine drilled for premix dident work good when it got hot it sucked oil in no time it boged right out would hardley move took it off never had a problem

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ran drip bottle when I got mine drilled for premix dident work good when it got hot it sucked oil in no time it boged right out would hardley move took it off never had a problem[/b]
thats what the valve below the bottle is 4

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice Mod, sounds like a blast. I'm thinking my next one will be a big twin for ditch banging.[/b]
ya i know mine anit shit compared two your 1200 tripple u dont have two rub it in though :boxing1:

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
On the trail the effects of the 2" drop can be found the most. WAAYYY easier to steer. In the fluff, it is not a noticeable, but the front doesn't dive into the deep stuff as bad. I would say that it was the best mod i did on the old slut, next to AK's zero dollar rear skid mod. Craig.

·
Registered
909 Posts
killa. did you use brads plate? edit nvm

did you have to do any major cutting with the polaris mount?

how is the clearance with the 20* tilt up pods?

·
Registered
250 Posts
thanks guys :flag_usa: this is buy far the best forum for sleds in the net. im still waiting for my hood from BRtech,done with the brand new 800 drilled and machined for premix , new crank with built pto end and fat bearing, also running drip bottle from 440 skidoo , new top end and slp cheater head, slp twin race pipes, stock carbs with 600 jets in and pod filters, also runnig ATACC (is the shit!!) never have to jet always runs good, plus koso egts , cna razer skis. iv been riding about ten times now and the sled always suprises me with the power. thanks again for the help. what do you think?[/b]
What kind of motor straps did you use?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
killa. did you use brads plate? edit nvm
did you have to do any major cutting with the polaris mount?

how is the clearance with the 20* tilt up pods?[/b]
no i used polaris motor plates, hoop, and post , and made my 1.5 inch spacer for under the motor after moving the one motor mount over it drops right in . the pods work great about 1/2 to 3/4 inch between them and jack shaft, had to use pro x r 800 carb boots, no cutting only very little grinding for main clutch and hear is the pic

·
Registered
909 Posts
no i used polaris motor plates, hoop, and post , and made my 1.5 inch spacer for under the motor after moving the one motor mount over it drops right in . the pods work great about 1/2 to 3/4 inch between them and jack shaft, had to use pro x r 800 carb boots, no cutting only very little grinding for main clutch and hear is the pic[/b]

okay. how did you move the plate over?

thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
okay. how did you move the plate over?

thanks[/b]
you dont move the plate over its the mount sticking out of the bulk head it just unscrews and there is allready another threaded hole right next to it just screw it back in in the other hole, you cant see the other hole until you unscrew the mount it right next to the factor mounting location. ------------------just finished the makeover on the sled what u guys think ?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts